Familiar Eyes

I woke up on the floor in a pitch-black room. It felt like it was fifty degrees. At times it felt even lower. I got up and started looking around as I felt like I'm going to freeze to death. Every second that passed it felt like it was just getting colder. I could tell that I was in a dress and barefoot. It made me shiver even more. I couldn't even see my own hands in front of me. When I would reach out to guide me. I started to walk around blindly trying to find out where I was no matter what direction I would go I couldn't find an ending point to the room.

"God is this heaven?"..... "Satan?" I joked.

"Anybody there?"

"Hello, anyone?" I yell I got no reply. "LUKE" panicked not knowing where I was. I heard my voice echoing in the room and the quiet footsteps of my bare feet.

"HELLO, ANYONE!" I try again still hoping for a reply. I continue to walk around frantically yelling and still ending with no response until I hear a young female's voice further away from me

"David!" I hear a younger girl cry out.

"Hello?" I say with concern.

"I can't find my brother," she said in response.

"When was the last time you saw your brother?" I questioned the girl trying to calm her. I continue to look around but with more panic trying to find the girl that I'm unable to see.

"when he dropped me off at my classroom during school in the morning" she answered. There was a long pause between my question and her answer.

I started to walk faster. It seemed like I was running I was trying to catch up to the girl that was also in the room with me.

There was a big boom that shook everything feeling like an earthquake around me. I fall to the floor. I lay for a second before there was a bright, light that was almost blinding. Then as if someone had turned on a light I could see the room around me. It was a blank white room that looked as if it was miles wide. I stood from the cold floor. I looked down and stared at the dress that I was wearing. It was a white dress with a ring of flowers on the bottom. When I managed to look up I saw that there was a young girl that looked like she was around the ages of seven or ten The latest. She was in the room with me and just happened to be a few feet away. She had long blond hair that was wavy that went down to her waist (she) was also wearing a dress that reached (down) to her knees that was covered in flowers. It looked like the same type of flowers that were on my dress but they covered her entire skirt.

She looked lost. She looked in my direction "David?" she said a bit confused and with concern. I don't know why but I had a bad feeling that I've seen this girl before but I didn't know where.

*****

One week later:

'MADDY!" I jump up awake to see my brother shaking me to get up. I grab the nearest thing to me which sadly was one of my pillows laying on my bed. Luke moves out of the way dodging the pillow. As in defeat I grab my blanket and cover my whole body in it hiding from him. He soon rips the blanket off of me making it land on the floor. Having an older brother means you never have to buy an alarm to get up for school in the morning.

"Ugh, why do I have to get up?" I question sarcastically. "I don't want to leave my bed".

"Because it's your first day of the 11th grade," he said way too excited for me going to school. It's not like I was graduating high school and it was my last day ever. Sadly I still have this year and next year before I finally manage to graduate.

"Go away" I mumble still being tired from just being woken up.

"Oh sorry that I already graduated high school a few years back". He said sarcastically because that's the type of sibling he is. I finally sit up on my bed trying to not fall back asleep.

"Why are you still here then?" I say as I sit up rubbing my tired eyes

"I am getting ready to go to the military and the reason I am delaying it because no one can take care of you"

"So you haven't even enrolled yet? You promised Dad that you would this year, you can't continue to put it off because of me."

"Well I'm worried about you and I can't leave you like this"

"Like what?"

"Like with a drugged-out Dad"

"Whatever..." I cave in not wanting to continue the conversation. "can you go so I can get ready?" I added

"Okay," he said then he left my room leaving the door open as he knows that it bothered me. I get up and shut the door behind him.