Prologue

Blink... Blink... Blink... Cordelia Quinn had just graduated from college with her master's in Agriculture and business management.

She had grown up on her grandparents' farm with her younger brother. All her life she learned the ways of farming along side her brother. She knew he had other dreams he wished to pursue and so she convinced her grandparents that she was the best option to leave the farm too. Though she didn't really have to as she was the one they wanted to inherit it when they pass any way.

Her grandparents were surprisingly healthy for their age. Though her grandfather did favor greasy foods a lot lately.

So when her grandfather had a heart attack she was caught off guard.

Anyone would be if they were Unlucky enough for their 85-year-old grandfather's time to come right after their graduation. While they were all driving home.

The car crashed when he had a heart attack he was the first to go. He crashed into an old powerline that fell on the car.

Luckily Jonas Cordelia's 17-year-old brother survived. However, the rest in the car have expired. The grandmother died on impact.

His sister Cordelia who had pushed him out of the car and told him to run had been crushed and set on fire by the power line. Her body halfway out of the door with one arm outstretched towards her brother.

She lay there hanging out of the car. Limp and sightlessly staring at a world she'll never see again. Jonas stood near the car where he just lost the remainder of his family and vowed to take care of the farm for the rest of his days in her stead.

Tears streaming down his face as the ambulance and firefighters came into view. Hoping he'll see her in the afterlife someday. Not knowing that his sister would never be able to see him again... Not if fate had any say in it at least.

She sat in the empty void for now waiting for what she doesn't know.

Blink... Blink... Blink...

Creak!

A door creaked open where there was once nothing to shed some light into the void.

Gasp!