Chapter Six

The car came to a hault and I could see Calum trying to catch my eyes as I unbuckled. I hopped out of the vehicle and walked around to his side where he was holding my phone in his hand with an apologetic smile.

I snatched my phone from his grip and followed the others that were arriving into the back entrance of the arena.

"So what exactly do we do on stage?" Nicole asked as we cluttered into the large black-walled room. Appropriate color, considering my soul is very, very dark. Damn, Cal pissed my off so much I can't keep my cool.

Luke laughed. "Well, that's easy! You sing on stage with us and dance around. Just do anything, the fans love it." Maybe winging it was gonna be harder than I thought. "Oh, do you guys play any instruments? Like guitar or...?"

"Uuuh, I play bass. Kait knows drums and then the other two can play electric and acoustic." I reply. One of the reasons we fell in love with them was because we all played the same instruments. My group of friends and I tried the whole "let's make a band thing" last year and failed miserably.

"GREAT! NOW YOU CAN PLAY WITH US!" Luke smiles so wide it looks like his eyes are about to pop out of his head. He's so adorable.

Calum looks at his watch. "Shit, we're on in fifteen. Fans are pooling in fast, so get changed and prepare yourself. We have extra guitars and bass back here. Help yourself." He shows us the way to the guitars and then we head off to the merch table.

I looked for a hoodie but there wasn't one. I came up empty handed and Calum just handed me his hoodie. "Wear it or I'll force it on your body."

I took the hoodie and threw it on. It was a black hoodie that had the logo on it. Very simple. I carelessly threw the hoodie over my torso. It was a little big, but not too large to be a nuisance. Calum was left in this sleeveless Blink 182 ripped shirt. Boy, it made him look so hot.

The other girls found there desired merchandise and slipped it on themselves. Except Kaitlyn didn't pick anything. Ashton offered her his hoodie.

"Here," he smiled.

"No." Damn, she's cold.

He widened his eyes, begging her to take it. "Come on."

"I don't want it," she protested.

"Well, you have to wear something related to the band."

She picked up a rubber wristband with the logo on the side of it and slid it on her wrist. "Better?" She snapped, turning on her heel and walking out of the room.

"What the hell just happened?" Luke asked.

"It's... nothing. Stay out of my business." Ashton clenched his jaw.

"Something obviously ha-"

"I said nothing Luke," Ashton growled. Even though he was mad, that growl was... hot. "So drop it." We all stared at him shocked and he sat on the nearest chair, folding his arms over his chest.

"Well hot damn," Michael whispered quietly from the room. A few people laughed.

Calum came over and handed us a microphone headset to use and our appropriate instruments. "Show time, babe."

Luke tuned his guitar and placed his headset on. "See you guys out there." After that, all four boys took the stage and the countdown started. Even from backstage you could hear the crowd screaming.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1!" *EAR PIERCING SCREAMS*

"ORLANDOOOOOO!! How are you tonight?" Luke sang. You could hear his sweet smile.