Chapter Four

The others laid down and passed out as soon as their faces hit the pillow. I don't blame them either. Today was kind of, well, not necessary.

I just sat on my phone and just scrolled through my twitter timeline and saw a ton or tweets/retweets of the concert getting cancelled. So many people are upset.

If only they knew.

I rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hands and yawned. I couldn't manage to fall asleep. I walked into the dimly lit bathroom and turned on the blinding light. My reflection almost scared me, staring back at me with a different look than I had never noticed on her before today. I pulled my dark brown over my ears and pouted when I noticed the coffee was almost gone. I could most likely thank my friends for that.

I thought of calling room service, but this room already costs a fortune and I realised that I didn't need to add anything else on top of the bill. I threw on a hoodie and walked to the elevator in my running shorts.

"Can I help you?" The same lady at the front desk asked.

"Can we get some more coffee for our room please?"

"Of course." She smiled and reached under the desk and grabbed a plastic package containing many assorted coffees. Good thing coffee was free here.

"Thank you so much," I smiled tiredly.

I clicked the button for the elevator and within seconds the doors opened.

I jumped as Calum, Michael, and Luke bounced out of the elevator riding on one of those luggage rollers.

"Oh shi-" Calum yelled as he fell off of the platform of the cart. He toppled to the ground and rolled over a few times to regain his balance.

"Oh, hi... Aria, is it?" Cal said awkwardly as he leaned against the wall, trying to keep his cool, although he failed.

"Yeah?" I accidentally asked more than I stated. Only because I was really confused. Why is he being nice to me all of the sudden? "Excuse me." I walked past them into the elevator. Luke stood beside me.

"Man, I gotta go back up," Luke spoke, poking at his phone.

Calum flicked his eyes up to mine and pushed the cart to the side. "Yeah, same here."

Michael pushed the cart near the cluttered line of other luggage carts and he jumped back into the elevator. I confusedly stood in the corner of the elevator as these guys messed around with each other loudly on the opposite side.

Their voices quieted and they all looked at me.

"So you're kinda under our wing now," Michael spoke up.

I looked at the buttons of the elevator that they still hadn't pressed yet. "Yeah, press number 2 please."

Michael smirked, "In such a rush to get away?"

"I just want to sleep," I lied and looked away.

"Well you're going to have to get to know is sooner or later, so why not now?" Calum chuckled and locked his phone.

I rolled my eyes. "Can we not do this right now?"

"Do what?" Calum spoke innocently.

Luke reached in front of Cal and Mikey and pressed the number two button.

"Come on mate, not cool."

Calum shrugged and widened his eyes playfully. I looked over at Luke and he smiled warmly at me. Holy Jesus.

The elevator made a 'ding' noise and I walked out quicker than I should have.

I walked down the right hall with Luke got on my feet. Calum and Michael turned to go to the left. "Yo!" Michael called out behind me. "Tell your friend Nicole that I'll be getting at her!"