- f a l l e n -

• e i g h t e e n •

Taylor's heart plummeted to her stomach.

Her eyes not being able to turn away from the sight she was confronting.

Karlie's arms wrapped around another woman. Kissing her madly, as if the world were bound to end.

The woman, who she'd never met, was clinging on to her dearly, and she felt nauseous.

Her hands dropped the few bags by her sides, and covered her mouth.

She let out a muffled cry of Karlie's name.

As she did so, Karlie froze, it almost seemed as she came to realization of something.

Pushing the other woman away, who turned her face, she stared blankly.

Taylor's hands seemed to freeze, they felt cold against her own lips, and her heart stung inside her chest.

The tears stood at the window break of her blue oceans.

Her throat in a tight knot.

The girls' knees were weak, and she felt the room spin around as her heart was drowning inside.

She couldn't find her words, never in her life had she felt this way.

If felt as if someone dumped a bucket of ice cold water over her, that breathlessness.

Almost the same excitement as kissing Karlie, her heart beating uncontrollably in her chest. But completely flipped around.

This was the breathlessness of pain.

Of heartbreak.

Karlie walked hurriedly towards her, and extended her arms, face flushed, and shaking.

"Taylor please let me-"

"D-don't touch me."

Instantly, Karlie felt the pang of rejection.

She couldn't think of anything, just stare at Taylor in disbelief, she herself was confused.

Her green embers red, and she was just about ready to scream in frustration.

Running her fingers through her short hair, she pulled the ends of it in desperation.

"Taylor, please. Let me explain."

Taylor shook her head. Her voice was shaky and breath heavy.

"Explain what?! Karlie I'm sure that what I've just seen is enough explanation."

Her shoulders shook, and she lowered her face in her hands.

She wished she was anywhere than here.

Karlie was still in a daze, out of a sudden she caught the strange woman standing in the kitchen, watching everything unfollowed with a unreadable expression.

Walking quickly, she pulled the unknown girl into the doorway, where Taylor was already a broken mess.

"Can you explain who the fuck you are? And what exactly you're doing in here, tell my girlfriend we have nothing to do with each other! I don't know you!"

The pale girl looked between Taylor and Karlie, and shook her head vigorously.

"No, no!"

Karlie gripped her hand around the girls wrist.

"Tell her the truth! I don't know who you are!"

Taylor could only look at Karlie, wanting so desperately to believe her.