- s i l e n c e -

• t w e n t y - s e v e n •

Karlie turned her head towards the girl whom she heard her name had been called from, she was sure it was perhaps a fan or maybe Florence.

She faced the woman with a smile, which instantly faded away with an expression of shock.

Blue.

Ocean eyes, starting intently into her own.

Their vaguely familiar waves splashed against her green, breaking down her will to speak.

It had been her. The silhouette haunted her since she heard the footsteps, her body felt goosebumps.

Her blood iced over, and her heart jumped to her throat.

She felt her body go numb, her legs started shaking and for a second, everything spun around her.

So many emotions were going through her at the moment, anger, shock.

Confusion.

Why? How?

How in the hell did Taylor just appear in front of her. It seemed like every move she made to forget Taylor was always backed by her taking a thousands steps behind, useless.

They stood there, taking in everything.

Karlie's mouth was dry, the darkness yet the illumination of the moon made it a bit harder to see, but she knew a lot of things were off, Taylor was changed.

For gods sakes this was Taylor in front of her.

Months had passed since she's seen her and she can't do anything.

Her pride is standing largely in the way.

Yet the shine of Taylor's eyes seemed to return, there was a very small tug of a smile on her lips, if you didn't know her you wouldn't of noticed, but Karlie did.

She was thinner, and Karlie couldn't help but feel a pang in her stomach when she'd realized it.

There was something empty about her, something so fragile and destroyed.

Despite her vibrant shine, she was missing something, her under eyes were shaded purple, her lips chapped just a tad under her lip gloss, clearly evident she was trying to cover her grieve.

Taylor's eyes felt humid.

Lavishing her sight over the girl she had missed so dearly, this was so unreal to her.

She was scared to move and realize this was all a dream and she was still thousands of miles away in New York.

But no, this was now, and it was real.

Despite being a bit hurt at Karlie's reaction, she understood, this was so unplanned, even for her.

The girl was actually blonde, just like in the magazine, and it amazed her.

Her own Karlie was a model.

A rush of proudness invaded her heart along with the nerves of seeing her after so long, she felt finally happy, although afraid of her reaction, she was happy to at least meet her favorite pair of eyes.

Although most of her had changed, for the better and even more beautiful than she used to be, those eyes stayed the same.

They shined through the dark of the night, and seemed to hug along with the light of the moon, they reflected beauty.

Their shade was dark, but their light color was preserved, the way they bored into her own made her stomach do things it hadn't in so long.

Pursing her lips, she decided to talk first, since she had been the one to come after her.