Chapter 7: Can't Remember

When Lydia woke up, she immediately knew that something was terribly wrong.

The first thing she noticed was that she was in a completely white room. No furniture, no door, no windows, nothing. And she was wearing only white. It was so bright, even with just one dim light, that she had to blink a few times before her eyes could adjust.

The second thing she noticed was that there was a bandage around the back of her neck, and whatever the bandage was covering was definitely still healing.

The third thing she noticed was the silence. There was no pack, no clocks ticking, no voices in her head, not even the sort of loud noise that silence makes. There was nothing.

Where the hell am I?

---

When Scott woke up, he immediately knew that something was terribly wrong.

He was still in his house, but now he was in the living room, and the entire pack was passed out around him. Everyone that he could see had bandages on their necks, including him, and he assumed that the others did as well. The last thing he remembered was Doctor Paige stepping inside, then everything went dark. The whole pack had been over for some reason, but he couldn't remember why. They had been on the phone with someone, but... it had been a wrong number. That really didn't seem right to Scott, but that was what he remembered.

As he looked around, the rest of the pack began to wake up. He started to count everyone's heads to make sure everyone was there, then paled when he finished counting.

One was missing.

Lydia.

---

Lydia slowly pushed herself off of the ground and looked around the room. There were no cameras that she could see, but no doubt, whoever put her there was watching her. She ran her hands all the way around the walls, trying to find a crack, but there was nothing there. However, when she hit the wall in frustration, it sounded hollow, so she didn't give up hope. She held her hands up to the wall and took a deep breath, focusing all her energy towards the hollowness of the wall. Then, she did what she knew best.

She screamed.

The wall in front of her been to crumble and she heard faint alarms coming from the other side. There were people rushing around outside, yelling directions to each other. Then, her screaming grew louder, trying to be heard over all the noises in her head. There was screaming, thunder, helicopter blades, fire, and gunshots. Just like she heard when she was on the phone with Stiles.

Finally, the wall had fallen away enough for her to walk through and the noises quieted. Not all the way, but slightly. She stepped out into the hallway and looked around her, trying to figure out where she was. Then, she saw a small sign on the wall across from her.

Floor 7: Supernatural Subjects

She kept walking through hallways, occasionally seeing the end of a doctor's coat swishing around a corner, but no one tried to stop her. Either the didn't know she was out, or they were afraid of her. Lydia was betting on the latter.

Eventually, she came to a small desk in what looked like a waiting room. There was one woman standing behind it, and she looked utterly terrified.

"Where is the pack?" Lydia stepped forward threateningly.

"I- I don't know. I'm s-sorry," the woman stuttered, obviously thinking Lydia was going to kill her.

"Did they bring anyone here with me?"

"No, miss, they brought you in alone last night. Said they had gone on a special mission and found a new recruit on the way."

Lydia nodded sharply. "Thank you," she glanced down at the woman's name tag, "Adelia." Then she turned and left. After she had walked around the hallways for about five more minutes, she came across an elevator. She stepped inside and waited for the doors to close before looking at the buttons. There was a small floor guide to the left of the panel of buttons.

WCKD HEADQUARTERS FLOOR GUIDE
Cellar: Crank Testing Facility
Basement: Shelter
Floor 1: Lobby, Offices
Floor 2: Engineering
Floor 3: Physician
Floor 4: Psychiatrists
Floor 5: Training
Floor 6: Subject Residency
Floor 7: Supernatural Subjects
Floor 8: Project C - Restricted

Once Lydia saw the name of the building, she knew she had been put into the same trap as Stiles. She figured she should go to the Subject Residency if she wanted to find Stiles, so she pressed the button for floor 6. It only took a few seconds for her to arrive, but it took much longer to find the room for Group A. She didn't know everything about the storyline or characters of the book, but she had learned quite a bit from Stiles ranting to her about it.

After a long time of searching and avoiding guards, she finally found a door with a plaque above the handle.

Group A