Tears in heaven

Mina a famous volleyball player at their country collapses suddenly while playing at the world tournament. Mina was immediately rush to the hospital as nobody knew why she would get sick all of a sudden.

Mina underwent a series of tests to find out the reason of her collapse and sadly, they found out that her heart has a defect that has not been diagnose before, she had this defect since she was young that nobody knew of, and that causes her sudden illness during the tournament. She was advised to stay for a couple of days more at the hospital for observation.

"Mina, there was a big hole in your heart that causes this illness of yours, if you would agree on this, we would like you to undergo a heart transplant the soonest.  The chances are big to be it successful, but of course it will depends on your body."

"Am i gonna still able to play? After the heart transplant?

" for a couple of months no, but maybe a year after.  What matters is you get to be strong and the chances to live"

" alright then, lets find a donor and sign me up"

Mina agrees to sign up for the heart transplant although she knew the risks involved.  The sudden hospitalization and turn around of events made Mina so sad that she refuses to eat and lost interests of the things she used to like before. Nobody from her group could cheer her up even her bestfriend.  Mina thought, this events is the end of her lifelong career, and she is so mad about it, mad about everything, anything at all..

Until one day, she met chaeyong, the charming lovable sweet caring nurse that would eventually turn her back to her old self..

Knock knock...

"Come in..". Mina said in an unenergetic,bored and irritated tone.

" Miss Myoui Mina? Hi, i am son chaeyong, your nurse for today? How have you been Ms Mina? " chaeyong politely said smiling towards the pretty girl infront of her.

"What's so good in the morning, being stuck here with nothing else to do but to drink these stupid medicines that you guys are always giving me! Its useless! I am useless!!!"  Mina shouted angrily to the nurse, which chaeyong took calmly.  She understand what Mina is going through, being the star athlete and being sick, obviously made the girl frown at everything.

Chaeyong just smiled at the beautiful
Lady in front of her and walk towards mina to check on her..

" hmmm, there's alot of good things actually in the morning miss mina. One for example is your beautiful face that shines, second is that you are still breathing and third is that.. you are still alive" chaeng said smiling as she is checking Mina's temperature.

"Hush! Are you kidding me?! Do you know what alive means is? Alive is being out there! Able to do what you want! Not confine here and do nothing!" She replied still shouting.

Chaeyong, hug mina to calm her down, Mina was surprise to chaeyong's action but nonetheless finds it so comforting and for the first time, Mina suddenly kept silent, as if the hug pushes away all her anger, chaeng rubs her back softly and replied.

" i understand what youre going through, and i want you to know that your not alone in this fight. I will help you mina, in ways i can to be here for you okay?  There are other people out there who desperately fights for their own life but they cannot, and you..you are still so lucky to be alive, so please dont give up on this, please dont lose hope." Chaeyong said softly..

Mina on the other hand understood exactly what chaeyong said, she realized that the girl is correct, and all these times of being angry at the situation, all for nothing. Chaeyongs word turns Mina's perspective into a different view. Mina allowed herself to cry to chaeyong's embrace for a while until all her emotions are out..

" im sorry for being so angry nurse chaeyong, im sorry for not fighting, but please help me do this, im so scared..but thank you very much for being here for me"

"Hey, its okay to be angry, everybody feels that way. And i do understand that. I told you, i will be here for you no matter what okay? Just please fight the battle your into okay?" Chaeyong warmly said..

Mina nodded as she wipes her tears..

" can i get a smile from you now? Ms myoui?"chaeyong said smiling..

Mina smiled warmly towards chaeng and said
"Mina..my name is mina, you can call me that from now on."

"Okay Mina, have you eaten your breakfast"

Mina nodded no, as she has no appetite earlier before chaeng came. But miraculously now, she feels like eating a little bit.

"Would you like me to feed you?"

"Its okay, i can feed myself. But ahmm. If its not too much to ask, can you uhmm stay for a while?" Mina pleaded..

"Of course mina, as long as you promise me tbat you will eat and drink these medicines"

" i promise"

And so chaeng stayed and made sure Mina will eat and drink the medicines she needed. After Mina have eaten, she saw that Mina got tired so easily and so she tuck her in to her bed and allowed the girl to sleep. Mina followed what chaeng said instantly, she doesnt understand why she would allow everything chaeng did to her,. She feels different towards the nurse.

Chaeng on the otherhand stayed for a few minutes,making sure mina would be alright. When the penguin was sleeping, she left a note that she will come back in the afternoon to visit her again, she knew Mina would read it later.

Afternoon came...

Mina woke up from a good morning sleep, she remembers chaeng guiding her to sleep after she ate and drank all her medicines.  She suddenly misses the nurses' presence and as she read chaeyongs mini note to her, her heart wont stop to beat so fast, she can feel her heartbeat racing, and she knew she misses chaengs presence..