Bestfriends or Lovers?

Mina and chaeng had been bestfriends since middle school. They both live next door and both families treats each other as one. Whenever Chaeyong will go, Mina is always there to support chaeyong as the younger one is known to be so bubbly and at the same time so clumsy that she gets to accidents most of the time. While Mina on the otherhand is the softest, quiet and well mannered individual chaeyong has ever met.  Although chaeng already broke the walls Mina has created to herself towards her before, she is still the same towards others. Chaeng knew that it is Mina's defense mechanism so that she will not get hurt by other people, while Mina became so vulnerable and open to chaeng.

As they graduated Middle school and prepare for their University entrance, Mina chose a different course to Chaeyong which the younger cub completely understands.  Anyway, they will see each other around campus always and be there for each other most of the time.

Chaeyong knew that she always had this admiration towards Mina eversince they were young. She always knew in her heart that she loves and actually cares for Mina for than the bestfriend that she knew. But always, chaeyong is so scared to confess her feelings for Mina because she knew what the other girl would feel towards her. Chaeyong became contented on being Mina's bestfriend and loving the other girl from aside.

The times that Mina would tell chaeyong stories of her crush, sends thousands of volts to destroys chaengs heart. But the latter hides every tears she shed and made sure Mina didnt see those tears, as chaeng thought, does she has the right to be hurt? She is just a friend to Mina,nothing more and nothing less.

First day at the university..

"Hey chaeng,im gonna pick you up so that we can go together to school, is it okay?"

Chaeyong heard what mina said as she answered her phone, chaeng was so excited that her long time crush never failed to pick her up although they were not in the same courses anymore.

"Of course minari, its fine, thank you though for remembering.."

" of course, i dont want my cub to be late, i'll see you in 30 minutes arraso?"

"Okay, see you"

And chaeng prepared herself as she wears her plan outfit for today,they are not wearing school uniforms anymore and theyre allowed to wear their casual clothes. She wanted to impress Mina and looks good towards the girl, she wears her black skinny pants,her white adidas sneakers, her white shirt that just fits her and her pink bomber jacket,paired with her pink cap. She wears her eyeglasses and let her hair falls down and for the final touch, her favorite perfume that Mina adores so much.
She finally check herself once more in the mirror and wow! She thought to herself, i look cute!😊

The bell rang and she gladly took her backpack and open the door,revealing a simple but elegant and beautiful Mina who looked quite shock upon seeing her.

Chaeyong kissed Mina's cheeks ang hug her a bit while Mina stared at her in shock.

" hey Minari, so uhmm lets go?" As chaeyong passed at Mina, and mina swear chaeyong smells so good..

Mina fell silent and stood there looking at chaeng, Mina was mesmerized to chaengs beauty and her heart skips a beat for the first time. Her hearts beats faster as the usual and her hands feels cold and she became nervous all of a sudden.  This is the first time Mina felt this towards chaeng, she was at lost to the cubs beauty and she was left standing at the door when she heard chaeng spoke..

"Minari, why are you still there? Lets go, your car is locked.."

Mina was bought back to her senses upon hearing what the cub said and she went and open the passenger door for chaeyong as she couldnt look at chaeyong directly at her eyes.
She let the cub enter the car as the cub was so surprise for the older girl's behaviour.  This is the first time Mina open her passenger door for chaeng. And chaeng notice the sudden nervousness to Mina and she thought, did she do something wrong?

As they were on their way to school, Mina never failed to smell how fragrant chaeyong is. She knew that chaeng always smells so good but today, chaeyong look oddly beautiful. Someone whom you can fall inlove with. She didnt understand what she is feeling but she knew she felt different towards the cub.

Chaeyong notices Mina's silence as she never spoke ever since she pick her up. She didnt even look at her in her eyes. While they were stuck in the traffic, chaeyong holds mina's hands which earn an immediate surprise reaction from Mina, mina shock by chaeng's action, suddenly  and abruptly remove her hand from chaeyong's hold and look at her. This sudden action of Mina hurts chaeyong's heart as she didnt understand what is the problem.

" ahmm you can just say to me nicely that you dont wanna be hold Mina,instead of abruptly removing your hand to mine  like i have a disease or somethin" chaeng said sadly and look outside the window.

Mina knew that her actions hurt the cub. she is nervous towards chaeng and she didnt understand her feelings towards the cub all of a sudden. This tension theyre having seems impossible for Mina to focus on the road, but nevertheless,she manage to bring them safely to school.

They arrive to school, when chaeyong was about to go out from the car, Mina hold's chaeyong's arm as she knew the cub would not speak anything more,and its the least Mina would want. Chaeng look at her in the eyes as Mina look down again,

"Im sorry for earlier..uhmm see you at lunch"
She said calmly to the cub. Chaeyong just look at her confused as to why she is behaving like that towards her but she also felt irritated as to why Mina cannot be honest to what she really feels.

"Yeah maybe. You know Mina, you could have just tell me directly if you didnt wanna pick me up or you dont wanna be with me anymore or your irritated with everything about me,my presence, if i hold you or whatever! Instead of letting me feel it. Because you know what? It feels awful to be honest."
Chaeyong was mad, and she knew what she said now would either break or make their friendship, but she cannot take it anymore. She was so excited for this day for Mina, but she knew something is up and she is upset about it.
Mina just look at chaeng with tears starting to form in her eyes. As much as the cub is hurting to see her crush bestfriend like this, she chose not to hug her for she doesnt understand anymore what is happening..

"So you wont really tell me what the problem is?.. okay fine, i will let you be. See you around"
With that chaeyong went out of the car and proceeded with her class. Mina was left crying as she knew she hurt chaeyong the most.

"Stupid stupid stupid me! What the hell is my problem???!!! I came to pick her up, i didnt mean to abruptly remove my hand to hers, i love chaeng so much, i dont want her to be hurt because of me. But how do i tell her, stupid mina, i cannot lose her, i dont know what is this but i knew i like her, " mina said to herself.