1 - The old manor

I'm Kim Alvarez an amateur reporter, casual employee in BVC Channel hoping to impress my superior in my cover stories. My camera man/best friend Chad Mendoza suggests to me to make a cover story in this hidden manor in Yorkshire, Northern England. It was said to have a unique feature, styles and it was also the first time of the owner to allow this house to be seen in public.

However, being able to get to the manor was a long journey. It was hidden and away from the town. We passed a highroad, and moor and saw hedges and trees. Travelling along the road it felt like a long time sitting in the car.
"We have arrived.. " said our crew member Jackson Fineas
My team including Chad have arrived at the said manor
They have a large copper gate filled with a long stringed ivy on the side walls that Its almost a castle for me to define this new assigned location for us.
Chad pushed the doorbell. Juliet the caretaker went out from the large front entrance door and open the gates for us.
"Come in ! Come. Come. BVC Channel? My master said you would feature the house.. its been a long time to finally have some visitors ! "

The owner of the house is Gregory Berlen whose now in Italy with his mother. He is the only son of the late Captain Florence Berlen whose said mysteriously vanished and went missing for almost a decade now. The most disputable part of the story is that his father mysteriously vanished without any trace where he has been. Said he didn't left the house, nor traveled or even proven that are murdered..

Said he was sitting in his bedroom's couch and the next day he was gone. Some says he run away but his wife Mary Berlen insisted he mysteriously vanished by thin air. No one wants to believe it, many people think she gone mad and lunatic.

Mary Berlen went to the police to report the incident. However, no such trace was found by the police. Nobody can put an end to the story of Captain Florence.

We enter the narrow pathway thru the terrace. Miss Juliet the caretaker opens the large door that creeks echo on the large hall-- First entrance of the house

"W--woow" Chad's whispering voice.

The floor was covered with a large red carpet and holographic mayan design and a wide stair case made of marble 5 meters at the front door.

"It was like a castle." I ask why did Mrs. Berlen left this house?"
"Mrs. Berlen was under a therapy, she became depressed when Captain left her, that's why she has to leave the house for a while to recover"
"Can we go upstairs?"
"Yes sure all you want! but... you will be accompanied by our maids just for safety purposes and you know so you won't get lost"
"Well.. we're not thieves you know"
Jordan said (our script writer)

I can't help but went upstairs.. Wandering around the hallway full of pictures and hanged paintings on the wall. On my left side was a large window with a large white curtain.. i stood by the window and saw there's a room on the left side wing of the house.

"That was the Captain's room.. that's where he ... he was last seen by his family.. "

"Maybe he ran away Miss Juliet"

"Ran away with his things left? He left his money, his clothes.. they were not packed, not anything. He just.. vanished by thin air "

" Maybe he's kidnapped?"

"The police stopped the search.. there's no use.. no trace has been found.. the police gave up.. even Madam Berlen gave up.. she even decided to sell the house after this story feature "

"WHAT?"

"I think she just let you do the cover story so she can advertise the house hahaha clever madam.. you want to see the captain's room?? Miss.?? "

"Kim.. Kimberly Alvarez"

------

Miss Juliet took me to the captain's room.

Its just like a usual bedroom with a large bed an old cabinet on the left side and a large window in the right side.

I saw the Captain's picture i glanced at it and wonder where he really went. Why would he left his family? Is he murdered? Kidnap? Or what?

"Is this him?" I ask
"Yes Miss Kim.. Oh..i'm sorry.. i forgot to clean this room again Miss Kim.. i'm not usually going into this room alone you know sometimes at night? I hear footsteps in this room. Its creepy right??. That's why i'm not here often. Ohhh.. where's the vacuum cleaner here.. lemme get it a second "

As Miss Juliet opened the cabinet to get the vacuum cleaner and try to tell me more spooky things in the house.
I sit by the Captain's table..

"You know what Miss Juliet maybe the captain is hiding something.. maybe its in his things we could trace answer? Does he have any diary or stuff like that?"

"Nothing Miss Kim.. even the Captain's table was locked and Madam Berlen couldn't find any key to open it. The police try to break it but none of them succeeded.. and.. they just gave up!! Well.. what's in that table anyway?? ------- I forgot.. the vacuum cleaner was downstairs let me get that "

Miss Juliet left me in the room.

I just stare at the Captain's picture

I'm not scared..

I'm not that type of person who easily get scared on any stories. My hobby though is to watch horror movies and stuff..

Until..

It took the curiosity out of me to know what's inside the captain's table.. i sit by the chair and was yield to hold the knob of the drawer. Out of my senses i strongly pulled it out and it startled me for it was unlock

And it opened !

The drawer was filled with unopened letters and i pick one envelope. I read the said street in the letter

"Hmm.. seems.. Familiar .."

I try to call Miss Juliet but this vintage round clock necklace placed at the side of the drawer was indulging me. I picked it up and a sudden strange hook astonished my whole being as i stare this clock necklace.

I feel like i'm hypnotized..

I touched the crown of the minute hand it round backwards

The next thing i knew..

I got numbed and fell asleep