Chapter 10: Impatient

Elliot's Pov:

I'm not a patient person, never have been. When I was growing up, I had anything and everything my child heart could desire. My mother neglected me and my dad was busy a lot so I was allowed to buy whatever I wanted to make up for the lack of attention and affection I received. Some of my friends like to speculate that my parents and upbringing are the main reasons I am the way that I am.

I don't disagree, but I don't like other people commenting on my life. Since I always got what I wanted, and still do, I get impatient and irritated when things aren't done my way and efficiently. I was currently hitting my head on my desk because I was getting irritated. It had been about two weeks since I last talked to Milo. If this was before I found him, I'd just convince myself that I'd never see him again and just move on with my day.

But now, since I knew that he worked in my building and I couldn't talk to him, I was getting pissed off. I occasionally saw him around the building, but it wasn't much, and I had to be discreet about it because no one could know that I was basically trying to stalk one of my employees because we had an affair over three months ago.

The work day felt like it had gone by extremely slowly. While I was doing some work Chase called me.

'What did you need Chase?'

'Nice to hear from you too pal. Anyway, do you wanna head to the mall today to get some stuff. I could use a new suit or two, maybe some more ties.'

'Sure, I need to go to the mall anyway. My dog chewed up some of my shoes so I need some new ones.'

'Great! I'll see you after work.'

'Bye.'

I hung up and went back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was driving to the mall we decided on and I was listening to music. Since my parents had left, I didn't need Klaus to drive me anymore which was nice. He drove other people so it wasn't like he was unemployed. When I got to the mall, I parked next to Chase's car in the parking garage. "Hey Elliot, you ready to go?" "Yeah."

We had been at the mall for at least two hours just getting suits and ties for Chase. We were really hungry after so we decided to look for somewhere to eat. I wanted to go to a restaurant that was in the mall, and Chase wanted to go to Panda Express. After a lot of begging, pleading, and general annoyance, I broke down and we went to go get Panda Express.

When we were about to go in, I stopped us because I saw familiar fluffy brown hair. "Why'd you stop?" "I think that's Milo." "No way, which one is he?" "He's the one ordering." Since the wall was basically just glass, we didn't have to go inside to see him, so we could spy without him noticing.

While we were watching, I realized that the guy taking his order was flirting with him. It was pretty obvious, and Milo seemed to like it. I was starting to get pissed off. What did he have that I didn't? I was a billionaire for God's sake. (I don't remember whether he was a millionaire or billionaire but he's one of the richest people so whatever I guess.) I realized that I shouldn't be getting jealous because there was no way we could be together. That didn't stop me though.

He sat down and ate his food. "Dang he eats fast." "What do you mean?" "Look at him, it's like he hasn't eaten in forever or something. You sure you're paying him enough?" "Yes I'm sure, I didn't even notice." "Of course you didn't, but I'm just saying, something weird is going on with this guy, and I want to find out what it is." "You're just being paranoid Chase, he isn't hiding anything."

"Well I'm not convinced, but we better go, he's getting up." "Oh shit." We walked away and I to another store. He left the Panda Express and kept walking. We decided not to follow him because Chase said I would be in danger of becoming a stalker. We got bored after a half an hour and went our separate ways.