Chapter 9 - Troubles

Freddie got to his falt and immediatly ran to his bedroom to get his phone. He took a deep breath and dialed Jim's number quickly, then called him.

Every time the phone bipped he felt his heart beating faster, almost as if it was going to come out of his chest. Finally, for his relief, he heard the other man's voice.

-Hello? - the youngest man said. He sounded a bit unsure, though.

-Jim... hi. Hm, are you busy?

-No, not right now. Why?

-Can you come over? - he mumbled nervously.

There was a little moment of silence and that awful feeling of helplessness came back to Freddie. He bit his lips nervously and stayed quiet waiting for an answer.

-Are you sure? - the Irishman asked.

-Yes, I am.

-If you say so... I'll be over in some minutes.

-Ok. See you soon.

-Bye. - he said before hanging up.

Freddie took a deep breath and put his phone away again. He went down the stairs and sat on the couch waiting for Jim.

Just some minutes later he heard a knock on the door. He jumped off the couch and ran to the door to open it.

Jim was standing there as he expected. None of them talked for a bit, this was problably the first time that they felt this awkward around each other in all the time they've known.

-Hi... - the youngest man started.

-Hi... Come in. - Freddie answered.

Jim walked in silently and Freddie closed the door before making a little sign for Jim to follow him to the couch. They sat beside each other and there was another little awkward moment between the two of them.

-I... - the Irishman started - I didn't mean to call you that, Freddie... I don't think of you that way, seriously. I just...

-I know... - the oldest man interrupted - I called you here so we could have a talk. We need to clarify some things...

Jim simply nodded, already knowing that this would be a conversation about their feelings. He didn't appreciate it but he would if Freddie needed him to.

-Forget the law. Forget all of it and just be straight and honest with me. Do you have feelings for me? - Freddie asked.

Freddie was trying to sound relaxed but that wasn't how he was feeling at all. He could feel his heart pounding inside his chest, he was tugging on his pants slightly and bitting his inner lip. Jim knew him more than well enough to know that he was completely nervous.

-I do. - the youngest man simply answered, always doing eye contact with Freddie.

Freddie was a bit surprised by such a direct answer but well, he asked for an answer and he got it.

-Oh... - he whispered, suddently way more relaxed.

Another moment of silence. Freddie was aware that he should say something now, he just didn't know what to say. Should he tell Jim the way he felt too? Problably. That was the only thing that made sense to him right now.

-So do I...

Jim took a deep breath and look down.

-It can't happen, Freddie...

-It can, Jim. We just have to keep it a secret...

-Do you have any idea of how dangerous it would be? And what would happen if we got caught?