『seven』

hey bunny,

i simply cannot believe what happened today: all of my friends threw a surprise birthday party for me at lunchtime. 

i still can't forget the look on your face when you wished me happy birthday and gave me a hug. but the kiss on the cheek that swiftly followed still buzzes on my skin and i still felt it for the rest of the day.

i knew something was up when the boys took extra long to order the pizzas, and came out with bags bigger than usual, but i decided not to ask. blessed by the bright sun of the late summer day, we walked down to the park. the boys let me choose my favorite deck chair, the one we'd usually fight to the death for every lunchtime. they gathered around me and pulled a cheesecake out of one of the bags, singing happy birthday. felix lit the candles with a dazzling smile, and i mirrored his. this truly was the best day of my life. 

and i got even better when you hugged me, and adjaopqheowjqhdpqnhdlwkshslw i still can't quite process the fact that you gave me a kiss on the cheek. best birthday present ever. yes, it was even better than the bts be album and blackpink's the album the boys pooled in to buy me. i still can't believe they spoil me so much, but i'm smiling so hard as i write this my cheeks are hurting. 

:D

i've ordered eyes wide open for felix *evil laughs* and i can't wait to give it to him tomorrow. he will screech louder than when i screamed internally whilst you hugged and kissed me.

i'm so  w h i p p e d. 

but i can't stop me can't stop me~

we ate the cheesecake, and then guess. the frick. what. 

we had a massive water fight in the fountain. 

talk about bucket list tingzzz.

the boys had brought beaten-up water pistols that we last used when we were in primary school and blow ups including my favorite: felix's unicorn. he'd stolen my swimming shorts from our last sleep over so i could use them today, and we all changed in the public restroom. chan blew up the water toys with the help of seungmin and jeongin, whilst i crouched near the jets, waiting for one to fill the reservoir of my water pistol. when the water shot out of the spout, it knocked it out of my hands and launched it into the air. with my luck, it hurtled back down to earth and smacked you on the head. i ran to you, asking if you were okay, and you laughed it off, rubbing the spot where it wacked you. as soon as i had my back turned to see if chan had finished blowing up the unicorn, i felt a spray of cool water on my bare back. when i turned around, i saw you'd filled up the pistol and had doused me with a gleeful grin. i gasped in fake disbelief, and it erupted into a full blown water fight. chasing each other around the fountain, jumping in and splashing each other in the faces. the boys joined in, split up into teams and then betrayed them. by the end of it, we were both exhausted and drenched in fountain water and euphoria. chan and seungmin had finally finished blowing up the water toys, and jeongin was lounging on a watermelon blow up. i raced over to the unicorn, but you got there before me. 

"come and get it," you teased me, paddling away, your hands scooping and throwing up crystal droplets into the air. 

i charged after you, wadding through the water. when i got close enough, i threw myself onto the unicorn, and it tipped over, spilling you into the water. scrambling back onto it, i claimed the unicorn as mine, leaving a spluttering bunny in the water. 

"hey!" you yelled, lunging towards the blow up.

"nope nope nope it's mine now!" 

you asked if we could share, eyes pleading. i gay panicked for a moment then patted the spot next to me on the unicorn. you climbed on with the speed of light, and made yourself at home. the close proximity made me blush a little, and i tried my best to avoid eye contact. the unicorn wobbled a bit when you climbed on, and you pulled me closer. you were practically glued to me, hugging my back, your moist skin against mine. you chuckled and grinned, your head on my shoulder. 

"this is nice," i remember you saying, your voice reverberating against my back. 

i don't remember ever being so happy in my life. the sun was shining, i was happy with life, and surrounded by my best friends. oh, and my crush was giving me a back hug on a blow up unicorn in the middle of a freaking fountain. i love my life.

hyunjin was chasing jeongin, and we let him take refuge on the poor unicorn. i'm surprised it didn't burst from all of our weights combined. then again, jeongin and i are pretty light. i tickled him and he squealed and rolled off. hyunjin pounced onto him, scooping him up and spinning him around. 

our time at the fountain had to came to an end too soon, but we all needed to eat. time was running out, and we'd need to return to class soon. we changed back into our clothes, dried our hair as best as we could with the towels that hadn't been soaked. 

the pizza and cheesecake were delicious. we feasted into our bellies felt like they were bursting, and we walked back up to school feeling content and full of food and joy.

mnek's and joel corry's song head and heart accurately describes my situation at the moment, and my own heart squeezed a little when you hummed the upbeat song, when you walked me home after school.

love,

jisung <3