Movie Night

It was 5:15 finally. El had been excited all day to go and see the Byers. She really needed to talk to Will, but what about? "El are you ready" Hopper asked grabbing his keys off the table "yes dad coming" she walked out of her room ready to leave and it was exactly 5:15pm. They got into Hopper's blazer and drove away from the cabin. Hopper wasn't speeding down the road this time due to the fact El was in the car and Joyce was okay. 

At the Byers house Joyce was frantically cleaning the house and cooking food for her, Will, Hopper and El. El had become just like a daughter to Joyce in the past month or two and Joyce loved it seen as she never had a daughter of her own. "shit, shit, shit" Joyce shouted blowing smoke off the top of the lasanga she was cooking. "mom it's okay we can just order takeout" Will said reassuringly whilst drawing again. "good idea, thanks Will" she said ruffling his hair.

Joyce put the ingredients into the fridge and her hand grazed across the drawing of Bob. If she had just broken up with him and told him she didn't love him mabye he would still be alive and safe in Maine. Guilt. That's what Joyce Byers felt and that's what kept her up most nights. Joyce was snapped out of her thoughts by a gentle knock on the door. Shit it was 5:30. Joyce walked over to the door swiftly and opened it to see El and Hopper. She smiled at them and El gave her a huge hug before coming inside.

"hey Joy, burnt something?" Hop asked sniffing the air "yeah the lasanga so i think were going to order takeout is that okay?" she asked walking towards her pack of camels. Hop laughed slightly and said "that's totally fine Joy" she smiled and said "it's not funny Hop" he laughed again "oh it so is" she frowned and laughed too. She picked up her pack of cigarettes and opened then "you have got to be shitting me right now" Joyce shouted clearly pissed off "here we can share" Hopper said lighting a cigarette and handing it her. Her hands were shaking when she took it from him.

"thanks Hop" he smiled "no problem Joy, atleast Mr Cooper can't catch us here" she laughed and said "hey assholes get back here" impersonating their old teacher. They both laughed and finished the cigarette and ordered pizzas. They walked into the other room where El and Will were looking through movies picking one to watch. 

"how about this one el." Will said handing el a horror movie. "yeah that one looks so good" she said looking at the box. "i don't know about that Will" Joyce said quietly "why not mom" Will whined. "i don't like scary movies thats why" she said sitting down on the couch. The two teens gave Joyce puppy dog eyes, begging and pleading with her. "oh come on Joy how can you say no to them" Hop said sitting beside her. "fine, fine but don't come into my room if you have nightmares" she laughed "go grab the blankets Will." Will did as his mother asked and grabbed two blankets. 

Joyce and Hopper sat on the couch and the two teens on the floor infront of them. Joyce and Hopper shared a blanket and Will and El did the same. At first Joyce kept her distance from Hopper that was until the first scary part came on. The kids and Hopper weren't phased by the movie at all, i mean they have seen enough horrors in real life. But Joyce she was different, no matter how many horrors she has seen movies or real life she still got scared. 

The first scary part came on the screen and Joyce jumped out of her skin and moved closer to Hopper. She was cuddled up close to him and her hand was shaking, she tried to hide it from the kids and especially Hopper but he had already seen. He placed his hand on her hand under the blanket trying to calm her down and to his suprise it worked! The kids luckily didn't notice as they were paying too much attention to the movie and no one moved until there was a knock at the door. 

"That will be the food i'll get it" Hopper said moving his hand from Joyce's and answering the door. He payed and placed the food on the kitchen table. They paused the film and sat at the table to eat. Once they finished eating the two teens insisted on having candy and popcorn for the rest of the movie which Joyce agreed too. They all sat back down in the same places as before except this time Joyce wasn't cuddled up to Hopper because she was scared but because she felt safe and happy near him. 

Once the movie ended Hopper was about to get up but Joyce stopped him. "they're asleep" she said in a whispered voice "oh okay um i'll carry her to the car then" he whispered too "Hop it's fine just stay for the night please" he sighed "fine is there room in Will's room for El?" he asked "yeah there is" Hopper got up carrying Will and El into Will's room one at a time and tucking them into the bed. 

Once Hopper was done putting the kids in bed he walked towards the door. "Where are you going?" Joyce asked looking at him confused. "home" he said opening the door "why?" she asked even more confused. "to sleep i can't stay here" she walked over to the door and closed it. "you can stay Hop i don't mind and besides we watched a horror movie i'm scared" he let out a quiet laugh and said "fine but where am i sleeping." she walked down the hall "my room... i mean that is if thats okay" he smiled and followed her.

"it's fine with me Joy... if it's okay with you" she smiled and walked into her room him following "of course it's fine Hop, mabye i won't have a nightmare who knows" he smiled and lay on the bed next to her. "mabye you won't" They fell asleep in eachothers arms for the second night in a row.