Christmas Party Part 2.

Around 30 minutes later the four adults were pretty drunk and the questions were getting more heated. "Jim, truth or dare?" Karen asked slurring every word "truth" he replied taking a sip of beer. "Do you currently have a crush?" she asked pouring herself another glass of wine "yes" he replied plainly. Joyce's face dropped and looked almost sad but when Ted looked over to her she realised she had to hide her feelings. 

"who is it?" Karen asked excitedly. Hopper opened another bottle and said "that's not part of the question Karen" She rolled her eyes and they carried on playing. Another 30 minutes went by and they were extremely drunk. It was Karen's turn to ask again so she decided to ask the person she hadn't asked for a while. Joyce!

"Joyce truth or dare?" Karen asked trying to sip from an empty glass. Joyce thought as carefully as she could seen as she was so drunk. Then she remembered the question she asked Hopper and Joyce couldn't take that kind of risk. At least not tonight. So she replied with "dare." The other three adults looked over at Joyce in shock as she was the first to actually pick a dare from Karen. 

"Kiss Jim" Karen said plainly. Hopper's jaw hit the floor as he said "i don't think that's such a good idea Karen" in a worried tone. Joyce shrugged her shoulders and said "why not?" with a smirk. This was her chance to make her move. She couldn't mess this up. Joyce was sat on the couch with Karen, Hopper on the other and Ted in the armchair. She got up and walked towards Hopper confidently.

She put one of her knees each side of his body and pulled him in. She kissed him with passion and to her suprise he kissed her back. The kiss lasted a few minutes until Joyce and Hopper realised Karen and Ted were still there. Joyce moved away and sat back down next to Karen almost acting like nothing happened. "wow quite a show" Karen whispered into Joyce's ear. Joyce nudged her lightly and laughed, Karen started laughing too. 

Once it was arount 11:30pm the kids came upstairs tired and ready to go home. Hopper agreed to take Will and Joyce home as Jonathan was staying with Nancy for Christmas Day. Joyce, Hopper, Will and El said their goodbyes and walked out to the car. Joyce clung onto Hopper's arm so she didn't fall over. They had drunk too much alcohol, way too much for Hopper to be driving. 

Once in the car the two kids dozed off in the back seats as did Joyce but she was in the front seat. Once they pulled up the two teens woke up but Joyce stayed sleeping. Hopper sighed and turned back to face the teens "go and open the door and I'll bring Joyce inside." the teens nodded with tired eyes and walked inside the house. Hopper got out of the car and opened Joyce's door.

He picked Joyce up and carried her bridal style into the house. He walked inside to see El passed out on the couch with Will next to her, his head rested on her shoulder. Like siblings. He carried Joyce to her room trying not to wake her, he put her on the bed and was about to leave the room when he heard a quiet whisper "hop stay" Joyce said reaching her arm out to him. "okay i guess i can stay El and Will are asleep" she smiled and they both fell asleep in each others arms once more. 

-------------------------------------------------CHRISTMAS MORNING-------------------------------------------------

El and Will awoke first unaware of why they were on the couch but the one thing they did know was that it was Christmas morning. They ran into Joyce's room to see her and Hopper cuddled up sleeping. "look how cute they are" el whispered to Will whilst admiring the two. Will nodded in agreement that they were cute and knocked on the doorframe. Joyce woke up first and gently shook Hopper, and he woke up too.

Joyce grabbed the wrapped presents for El and Will from her closet and took them to the couch where El and Will were sat patiently. She handed them the gifts and they opened them excitedly. 

---------------------------------------------------AROUND 5PM-----------------------------------------------------------

Will and El were playing board games and watching TV. Joyce was trying to remember the events of the night prior. Then it clicked in her head she kissed Hopper. She couldn't think straight, she needed to calm down. She quickly got up from the couch where her and Hopper were sitting and walked outside. 

She sat on the porch swing outside and grabbed the pack of camels from her flannel shirt pocket. She lit the cigarette and moved it towards her mouth, hands shaking. Hopper was silently observing her from the doorway "you okay Joy your hands are shaking" Hopper said worried "no Hop i'm not okay" she said a tear falling down her cheek. "what's wrong Joy?" he asked sitting next to her. 

"last night at the party did that mean anything?" she asked squashing the cigarette on the floor. "that depends if it meant something to you Joy" he said smiling at her. "it did mean something Hop, it's always been you and it always will be. I love you Hop" she said smiling. He was lost for words, she really loved him. "i love you too Joy" he managed to spit out after a short moment of thought. She lifted her head up and kissed him sweetly. 

They walked inside the house hand in hand and sat on the couch next to the two teens. They sat and Joyce rested her head on Hopper's chest while he put her arm around her shoulders. They were almost a complete family except Jonathan wasn't there. El looked up at her father and Joyce and smiled at Hopper knowingly and he smiled back knowing he couldn't keep anything from her for too long. Despite living in a lab for most of her life she was one of the smartest young girls he had met.