Where did you go?

just to warn you, this one is sad so get ya ice cream and tissues ready.

i based this imagine on the song ilomilo by the super iconic billie eilish, hence the title.

EDIT : it's really not that sad, i was being dramatic.

----

~ 2002 (the year five disappeared) ~

Everyone was sat at the dinner table peacfully eating. My brothers and sisters were also at the table.

Luther and Allison were giving each other googly eyes. Ew. Klaus was, what i'm assuming, rolling up a joint. Ben was was peacefully reading a book. Diego was carving out something into the arm of his chair. Vanya was eating like a normal child. (hOw iRoNiC)

Five was giving our father a very intense death stare.

I was scared, when five makes that face, things are about to go sideways.

I tap his arm making him look at me. "What's wrong?" I whisper.

"None of your concern." He sourly answers.

Five wasn't the type to be nice but I was his best friend and that was not normal to me.

He turned back to our father and grabbed a knife. He plunged the knife into the table, making me and the others jump.

I put a hand on his shoulder and he aggressively shoved it off.

"Number Five." Our father looks up from his plate. "I have a question." Five snaps.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules, no talking during mealtimes. you're interrupting Herr Carlson." Our father replies.

"I want to time travel." Five says, or rather, demands. "No." Reginald nonchalantly responds.

"But I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five spatial jumps next to our father. "See?"

Me and Vanya look at each other with slightly concerned faces. "A spatial jump is trivial when compared..." Reginald drones on.

I'm focused on five looking at the anger in his eyes. Five says a few things.

He looks at me. His face goes soft. "I'm sorry." He mouths and then he runs out.

I get up. "Five! Five, where are you going?!" tears start to pool in my eyes.

That was the last time I saw him.

~ 2019, march 24th ~

I was at my house watching television when the news came on.

"Eccentric billionaire, Reginald Hargreeves
has died." The reporter read out.

"Shit, dad." I lightly cover my mouth in shock. I get my keys and head out the door.

I start walking down the street to my childhood home, assuming my siblings would be there too, with the exception of Ben and Five.

Ben was killed on a mission, Five still hadn't come back.

I arrive at the gates and exhale sharply before i enter. I walk in and look around. It seemed that I was the first one here.

I look in the living room and at the painting of Five hung over the mantelpiece.

"Where did you go?" I mutter quietly, a tear rolling slowly down my face.

"Mrs Y/n." A familiar voice comes from behind me.