Chapter eight!

Now I had agreed to help the king, I had a feeling I would totally regret it... But what was I supposed to do? The good that will come of more dragons will be great, but will this country be able to live peacefully with dragons, I didn't know.

"I'd like you to join me for tonight's meal, a celebration?" The prince had asked me earlier, I had to admit I hadn't eaten a decent meal in a long time, so I agreed. But now I'm sat in a big hall, a room full of important people, I'm sure. 
A plate of liquid substance was in front of me and the others we're eating it with a metal spoon. I've eaten soup before, but that was bland and I wasn't given a choice in spoons!

The prince was sat a good few seats away from me, and the people who were sat next to me talked amongst themselves. I saw the short glances passed my way, and didn't hesitate to glare at anyone who started to whisper.

The food tasted nice, I'll admit that. The only food I got in the forest was animals I had hunted, cooked on a fire- thanks to Sunny's  help.
I hadn't eaten soup since, well, since I lived at home with parents...

"So, dragon trainer, how is the capital looking in your eyes?" A man asked me, he was sat across the table from me. I put down whichever spoon everyone else was using and looked him in the eyes, he didn't seem to have any ill intent so I answered him honestly. "Well, it's changed an awful lot, it'll take some getting used to. But it's a nice change as far as I can tell. More open spaces and it'd be beautiful." At this the man seemed to be slightly shocked, and yes I tried as hard as I could to sound intelligent, what did you expect, this guy is covered in gold!

The night moved slightly on, I only ate a little, not wanting to stuff myself like a pig in front of people with such big status. My mind couldn't help but wonder to the lesser off people in this city. It seemed that the region was based on the high class citizens, something I thought it was unfair, but I kept quite, the situation was pretty over whelming.

When the night was over the prince started to say good bye to his 'loyal subjects' and soon enough I was left awkwardly pondering about. I wanted to get outside but it felt like I'd be lost within seconds. Sunny must be wondering where I am... "Sorry, that must of been boring for you." I heard the prince say, he was stood behind me, watching me pace around. "It's fine. I haven't been inside for so long in years. It'll take some getting used to." I told him, I was way too tired. "Please can you show me the way out?" I asked, he looked a little sad at this but I didn't understand it, so I ignored it. "Sure. Follow me."
---

Soon enough I was reunited with Sunny, he practically jumped on me, licking me. "Eww get off!" I squealed- although I was happy to be with him again. I took in a deep breath, the smell of dirt and fresh flowers greeted me with open arms. "So, about you room," the prince started looking up at the dark sky, it wasn't the same as the woods, the light pouring out of castle seemed to block out the beauty stars.

I missed the sound of forest birds and water flowing along the river bed- as crazy as it sounds- It didn't feel as though I could ever get used to this silence.
I felt Sunny brush against my legs, as though he was comforting me.
"Sorry Princ- Drake, I need to spend some time with Sunny, unless you have a room we can both stay in..." I started, it wasn't going to rain and there was no wind. "Are there any stables? Sunny will settle there." I asked and he nodded, although really I wanted anything to return, yet I couldn't, not yet. I had made an agreement.

A/N:
Taddaaaa :p
Vote ☆〜(ゝ。∂)
Comment ♪( 'θ`)ノ
And follow!!!! ∧( 'Θ' )∧
「Thanks!!」