Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning surprisingly cold, usually Sunny would keep me warm at night, I peeled one eye open to see where he had for to. But it was like a kick to the guy when I realized he wouldn't be there. Instead I was looking at shinny dark metal boots, their was a pair of them, and another next to that, legs protruded from these boots, and I realized they belonged to knights that were sat on a wooden bench next to me. Then as my mind slowly came back to life I realized I was on the floor of a wooden cart, the carts seat's were lined with the same fire resistant knights that had defeated us at the lake as the cart slowly moved along.

I didn't move, fear had locked me in place, if I moved they would know I had woken, and then what? Would they kick the blood out of me? Tie me to the outside of the cart? I could only imagine what they had in store for me... But then I thought of Sunny, where was he? What had they done to him?! The panic bubble up my throat till I could no longer lie still and quiet.

With out even allowing myself a plan, I pressed my palms against the wooden floor of the cart and pushed myself up. I hadn't thought it through in the least... I felt a heavy foot on my back, and heard the rustle of chains. I realized my right hand was chained to the corner of the cart as my body was slammed into the wood bellow. "Ow!" I hissed as the knights foot stayed in place.

"She's awake!" Another knight shouted as if it wasn't obvious enough, but I soon realized he was shouting to someone out side of the cart as we stopped moving forward and the door behind me opened. Light filtered through the door, but it was soon replaced by a shadow of another knight or so I presumed. I pushed hard against the floor, but that stupid knights foot kept me firmly in place.

"Where's my dragon?!" I hissed, kicking my feet like a child. I felt a hand grip my left ankle and I kicked out wildly, just giving the stranger my other ankle. I pulled desperately on the chain that held me to cart and I could feel it give way. I had trained constantly in the forest for seven years. Of cause I was strong, but this metal was oddly weak. I realized I would actually be able to break the chain as I saw one of the loops weren't welded together!

I yanked the chain again and it opened, now I simple had to un-loop it!

My focus on the chain wavered when the foot

On my back was removed yet my legs were still being pinned down. "Let go of me!" I screeched at my captive, finally freeing the chain and in one fluid motion swinging the chain- still attached to my wrist- at my captive, the man caught it with one hand and pulled me forward. I was face to face with my captive now and I realized it was the very knight that stood out from the rest when the light reflected off the beautiful detail in his armor. His eyes were harsh and serious as he looked straight into mine.

I couldn't resist what happened next, and who can blame me, he didn't have a helmet on. I slammed my head forward, connecting my forehead with his. My vision went white but I felt him let go of the chain. I couldn't run, I didn't know where anything was. I opened my eyes as soon as I could, or at least as soon as I realized they were still shut.

The world slowly caught up with itself as I turned, looking for an escape route I could use, but it looked like the amount of soldiers had doubled, if not tripled!

I slowed my movements, panic clear in my eyes, I felt like a dear before a predictor.

Suddenly armored arms were wrapping around me tightly and pulling me against a metal chest. I recognized the armor, the little leaves that were carved into the arms were unmistakable. He had obviously recovered faster then I, because soon the Knights were reducing quickly in number, and I was left with just a giant ache setting into the front of my head. Crap.

His arms were still tightly wrapped around me, and there truly was no escaping now...

"She'll ride with me from now on." The man hissed in a angry tone from behind me, just as a knight had approached.

"Where is my dragon?!" I asked struggling against his grip, yet he stayed unmoving.

"Look." It was more of a command then an answer. But I begrudgingly complied, taking in my surroundings properly this time.

Unbelievably a huge metal cart was directly in front of me, and I had missed it! It was a lot larger then the one I had been in, it was made of the same material as the knights armor. I didn't even feel his arms loosen around me, but when I ran to the giant cage there was no one to stop me. I felt as though someone had given a signal behind me as when I reached the cave a small slate of metal was pulled back to reveal the dragon inside.

Sunny was reared up at the opposite end, fear and stress evident in his features, his every limb seems to be chained to something making it impossible for him to even stretch. When he realizes it's me, the cart is nearly on it's side at his force but it rocks back. His warm breath is puffing at me from the over side of the small hole, and all I can see is up his nostrils, which in any other circumstance would make me laugh, but right now it was making me cry at his desperate attempt to cheer me, despite his predicament.

I slid my hand through the hole and held my hand on his nose, I wanted to stay next to him, spend what was probably our last hours together. But he was already behind me, watching my interaction with Sunny. I slid my hand back and I could tell a lot of the knights were shocked my hand was still attached as they were all holding their breaths when I stuck my hand in.

All except that one knight, his armor shining as through even the sun couldn't bare to keep itself on his shining exterior, having the chance to be reflected else where.

He didn't even speak, just waited for me to walk up to his white horse. I did as he wanted, now I had seen Sunny, and knew he was there, nothing else seemed to matter. So what else could I do but comply with the knights... They had both our life's in his hands.

A/N:

There we go :) What do you guys think?

Still some editing to be done I know, but please point any bits in specific :)

I've really tried to think of something that's been left out of the stories these days- between one direction fan fics and either mermaids, werewolves or vampires, I though dragons would be a good way to go about it- despite the two quite big things like How to Train Your Dragon Two just coming out and Game of Thrones' dragons being raved about I feel it's still pretty unexplored.