Chapter 7

*Commander POV*

     I was talking to the kids and we did our salute and anthem. After that the kids broke off into groups divided equally (maybe) between the five of us. I noticed that Jimmy was soothing Rose so I walked ober to them.

     "Everything okay Jimmy?" I asked. He nodded.

     "Yes Commander. Rose is just a little frightened is all." Jimmy responded rubbing small circles on the girl's back. She looked at me with tears in her little eyes. I felt my very heart shattering as we locked eyes. "Shh, it's okay Sweetheart. Daddy's here." Jimmy said causing me to break the connection by looking at him in shock.

     "Daddy?" I asked him wide eyed. He nodded not looking at me.

     "She thinks I'm her Daddy now Commander." Jimmy said with a smile looking at me then back at Rose.

     "Well, she's in good hands with you Robot." I said placing a hand on his shoulder.

      After a while Rose calmed down and she was reaching out to me. Jimmy let her go to me and I held her close to my chest. Jimmy told me he was going to his group so Rose and I waved him off.

     "You ready to make some new friends?" I asked Rose as I walked to my group. She shyly shook her head 'no' and hid her face in my shoulder. I smiled. "Oh come on now Cadet. You'll be just fine. Uncle Commander will be right by your side." I told her and she relaxed slightly.

     We got to my group and I sat in a chair with Rose on my lap.

    *Rose POV*

     "Who are you?" A kid asked looking at me. I shyly waved. "What's the matter? Can you talk?" They asked. I shook my head 'no'.

     "Cadets! This is Rose. She's the newest member of the Aquabats." Uncle Commander announced making my jolt with surprise. "Oh, sorry Kido. You okay?" He asked and I nodded smiling up at him. He smiled back and sat me down on the blanket with the other kids. They all welcomed me warmly.