3| Promises

_ Fleur_

After about twenty minutes later, we pulled up at the hospital. Unlike the town, the hospital wasn't exactly deserted. Although it was quite empty, we could see a few families and also the staff members here and there. I jumped out even before the engine was killed.

"Woah, woah! Be careful, love. We don't want two patients in the hospital at once. Do we lads?" said the guy with the blonde hair.

The others nodded but jumped out all the same. I quickly helped my mom out of the car, along with the guy with hazel eyes. We called a nurse to bring a wheelchair and carefully made mom sit on it, as it was very clear that she had no strength for standing. I looked back to see Jay being carried in by the boy with caramel eyes, and the rest followed. Mom was being pushed into the hospital by the nurse and the guy with hazel eyes while I was clutching onto mom's hand. She was taken into a room immediately, and we were supposed to wait until the checkups had finished.

The boys were taken to a waiting room and Jay obediently followed them there. Meanwhile, a nurse gave me a stack of papers to fill. Just as I hurriedly finished filling the papers, a doctor came towards me. She looked young, probably in her late twenties. Her honey blonde hair was gathered into a messy bun, and her brown glass frame complimented her blue-green eyes and heart shaped face. I immediately warmed to her. She gave me a motherly smile.

" You're Fleur Allen?" she asked.

" Uh...ye- Yeah!" I breathed.

" Your mother is in labour, although she isn't ready to push yet. She asked for you, she's in room 4/32 E. " She said.

I gave her a quick nod and a smile before running to the room mom was in. After making sure I was in front of the correct room, I slowly opened the door and peeked in.

Inside, I saw my mom stretched across a bed and a few nurses were in the room, doing whatever nurses do. I went inside cautiously and stood next to mom, not exactly sure of what I was supposed to do. My mother quickly took my hand.

" Fleur...? Is Matthew here yet?" Matthew was my dad.

I shook my head. Her face twisted into a concerned look but she quickly covered it with a smile.
" Flower.....". 

My head snapped up to meet mom's face. She rarely called me using that nickname, only when it was something important.

" I want you to do something for me. Can you?" I was surprised but managed to answer without shaking.

" Yeah...Okay" I said.

" I want you to leave this room as soon as your father gets here. "

" B- but....?" I protested but mom cut me to it.

" Please flower, for me? " She asked pleadingly. 

I nodded, half-heartedly, knowing that there was a reason she wanted it so much. She smiled.
Suddenly, her grip on my hand tightened. I looked at her face. It was contorted with pain. She was having another contraction! Her lips were drawn to a straight line and was pale. I started rubbing circles on her hand, something I've seen dad do. A few moments later stiff posture relaxed and a bit color came to her face. 

Dad burst in next and came over to mom. I let go of mom's hand and she nodded assuringly.

" Go and take care of Jay for me. " she said. I nodded in response, gave them both a side hug and left the room.