November Part 3

It's the next day When the rest of the family shows up. The secret isn't that easy to keep since Mary just blabs it all. My Dad is going to work early today so he can be here when Yaiya comes with Demi. She is a slow and new driver according to her Dad. And no doubt the boyfriend is probably distracting her. You know I have heard of meeting the parents or the Dad, but not meeting the entire family all at once and living with them for three months.

There aren't that many other cousins besides Aunt Rita's kids. I think my dad's younger sibling by like one year is pregnant or has like a newborn, I can't really remember. Most of them are young. I think the youngest is just turning 29, maybe only a little bit older than Alexander.

Most of the afternoon is just a blur of family driving in our driveway. A bunch of hugs. Tons of talking. The holidays are always so different from the normal time of year. The house is always so empty, and quiet. I spend more time here than Mom or Dad do. Put they do make up for that in the holidays, where they put off the impression that we are all this happy family that spent weekends together playing board games and watching TV.

It's around 9'o'clock when, what I assume is, Demi's Minni-Van starts to back into the driveway. She pulls out again, since there is no room, and parks on the street. Isabella and Elaine pop out first. The twins have never looked more similar. Ever since they were born they have been trying to distinguish themselves. Eliane was considered to be the oldest of the two by 5 or 6 minutes (they're both 12 years old now, I am pretty sure). In the early dark, it is hard to make out their faces. From the photos they are very pretty. In my eyes they remind me a lot like Giuliana, but I might be wrong.

Next Yaiya steps out, her dark blue leather purse in hand, her silver hair shines in the night. She doesn't seem in a rush to greet all of her children and grandchildren, and just walks carefully up the icy sidewalk. Mom pushes me and Alexander towards the car saying, "Go help them grab the bags. Be nice to Kaleb, he's new to this, it's all new to him. Go easy on him. Don't try to scare him away."

"Mom, we can't scare him any more than he already is after being in the same car with all of them for 14 hours. And if us talking to him is going to unnerve Mr. Boarding School, then he is going to have an issue with being here for three months. But okay, I will do." He says and is totally right about this guy Kaleb. Then he turns around and looks at Natasha, "I'll be right back. You'll be alright standing right here? I can get one of the other kids to go get the bags if you want me to stay right here." She puts her index finger to his mouth, silencing him.

"We are going to be just fine. Just go grab the bags, and hurry back up. I will do just fine with two minutes away from you. Now shoo, before I get mad at you for no reason." She says, pushing him off her. He walks away seeming so scared of the possibility of her lashing out at him is a nightmare come to life. I walk up and catch up with him.

He turns to me and says, "Hey, do you want to know why the only two people we haven't seen yet are still in the car?" He gets real close to the front of the car. He goes over by the drivers side, and opens up the door. "Open up. You have the right to keep your hands off each other in the presence of your cousins."

Inside Demi jumps back and punches him in the gut. She peers her head out and sees Alexander leaning against the car, clutching his area. She looks back at who I would assume would be Kaleb. Then she looks back out at me, and gives a small smile. Then she turns to Alexander again, "What the hell was that? Would you like it if I did something like that to you and your girlfriend? What do you even want anyway?"

"Well first things first," He grunts a little and then continues, "I did that for fun because I had the chance to and I haven't had that kind of fun in a while. Secondly, there was no need to punch me. Lastly, I am going to tell you this before Marry does, but for the next six months it's safe to say you won't have that chance."