December- Part 3

It’s Christmas Eve, and the annual party is tonight. No, that party isn’t just more family, trust me, everyone who has ever been considered family is already here. I mean we actually have more people over on purpose. We invite all of our friends, girlfriends or boyfriends, and some of our neighbors. It’s always super fun. We all stay up till at least one in the morning, and our parents don’t get mad at us. 

This year the guest list doesn’t change much. Mom’s had it on the fridge for two weeks, as a reminder for her to call all of those people and invite them. 

X-mas Eve Party Guest List:

  -Call by 12/23

The Martins

The Armanios

The Codwells

The Browns

The Smiths

*new so be nice* Mr. and Mrs. Williams

Maxine Norris

*New* The Paynes (newlywed couple from down the street)

Mario Wood and his kids

Albert Houston 

Norman and Marcie Maccoy

The list actually gets longer. Some of them are families we know. Some of them are new people in the neighborhood we want to feel welcome. Most of them are people that my parents work with. Some of them are old friends from when my parents were kids. But this year I have a feeling will be different. Why? Someone might ask. Well, thank you for asking. 

You see, Natasha’s parents (Mr. and Mrs. Williams) are on the invite list. I don’t know why Alexander and Natasha decided to invite them. I thought they kicked her out. Anyway, it’s going to be like one of those trashy drama sophoras that Aunt Rita watches. One would also think that if somebody kicked their daughter out of their house they would want nothing to do with her again, well not the Williams. They accepted the invitation almost in an instant. 

The house looks weird all decorated and nice looking. It looks even more decorated now that it is actually almost Christmas. There's that green stuff with little red berries on it hanging all over the place. Our elf on the shelf is out, even though I am too young to even care about his (his names Oliver, I named him when I was 3, get over it) presence, but Marry likes him so, he stays. I like Christmas a lot. Not because of the presents, not because of the food, and I am not one of those cheesy people who say family (although they are nice to have around), I like it because of all the cheer everyone has. There is music. Lights. Busy shops. Stressed out parents. And billions of men who dress up in red suits at a local mall for a little extra cash. It’s a wonderful time, don’t you think (no sarcasm, I swear). 

Every year Mom gets me a dress to wear. This year, it’s green. Mom says I look good in dark green. It’s tighter which I don’t love, but it’s nice. It has two colors, the top half is a tight stretchy black fabric with a V-neck, while the bottom is a dramatic flare out into a dark green skirt. I have this big belt that separates the two colors, but ties them together all the same. I know it probably seems like I’m acting like one of those girls who is totally into fashion, but I’m not. Sure I like dressing up every once in a while, but I still almost always wear sweatpants outside of school. At school I like to stick to a nice pair of jeans, and a normal shirt. Nothing super fancy. 

Alexander and Natasha look even better than I thought they could possibly be (with the whole sleep deprived and pregnant situation, it would seem virtually impossible for them to look this nice). Alex has on a nice button up shirt and tie, no jacket or vest, and strachy ironed khaki pants. His fancy leather shoes shine whenever he passes one of the lamps. With her arm practically glued to his hand Natasha walks around in what looks like around five inch heels with little effort, she doesn’t even trip or wobble. She wears one of those dresses that we got at the store that one time. And I have to say that it looks good on her. It’s flowy, but not in a cheesy way. I remember helping her unpack some of her clothes into Alexander’s room, and let me tell you that she doesn’t own anything that could be considered casual (nothing at all).