Two

I pull out of the storage unit parking lot, with my computers loaded in the back. I turn left and notice a black car pull onto the road behind me.

Damnit.

I turn left again at the light and again they're behind me. I speed up a little and make a quick right.

They're still there. I do a quick u-turn and circle back. I pass them and floor it home in a circuitous route. I park behind the building rather than on the street.

A change of cars would be needed again. I was just hoping they hadn't found my place. Moving was such a hassle.

I close all my curtains and check that the sensors on my car are working so that I'll be notified if anyone tries to break into my car.

Another one of my convenient homemade apps. I had a few and they were all out of necessity. Okay, most were out of necessity. I liked to have fun, too.

I put toast in to make a sandwich before heading to my room to change. The couch is empty, so I guess Zack had contacted the landlord.

The piano guilts me as I walk by and I tell myself I'll practice more often again. Maybe after lunch today. I liked keeping it up, it was either relaxing or a challenge depending what I needed.

I pull out jeans and strip out of my clothes before pulling the pants on. I decide to leave my tank top on, but take my sweater off and throw my hair up into a ponytail. My hands are still shaking slightly from being followed.

"Well, that's a nice view to wake up to." A low, rough voice sounds behind me.

I jump and back away, "What the fuck?!" Zack is staring at me, one hand behind his head and turned slightly towards me. I put a hand through my hair, my other hand over my beating heart. Damn it, I thought they had found me. My heart is racing.

"Didn't mean to scare you, Zeez. The couch was so uncomfortable."

"How long have you been awake?" I ask, anger in my tone as I try to calm my nerves. I am not succeeding.

"Long enough." He has that smile playing across his lips lightly and I scowl at him.

"Well, sorry for waking you." I say sarcastically.

"Any time, if that's how you're going to do it." He smirks.

"Screw you." I say before tossing my used clothes in the laundry.

"Climb on." He smirks bigger and holds his hands out as if inviting me to bed. I roll my eyes.

"Jerk." I walk out of my room angrily and go to the kitchen. I'm glad I had already prepared food.

I stand at the sink eating my sandwich and he walks in a minute or so later, "Mind if I use your shower, Zeez?"

I scowl at him before putting my sandwich down, "I'll grab you a towel." I want to kick him out, but I also didn't mind not being alone right now. The people after me seemed to be getting to me pretty quickly. They knew where my computers were. I'd have to make sure nothing was tampered with, taken, or copied.

I put out a towel and show him how to use the shower knob since it's never worked right, and the landlord didn't care to fix it. And I didn't care to harass him about it since I probably wouldn't be here long enough to care.

"Did you call the landlord yet?" I ask.

"I just got up. Trying to get rid of me, Zeez?"

I couldn't tell him I really didn't want him to leave, he would never let me live that down, and I wouldn't be able to tell him it's because I hacked in to the wrong thing, and those people were coming after me. "I don't snore."