Eleven

I wake up and curl closer into the warmth.

The warmth being Zack.

The man I was apparently okay to sleep beside.

"Are you okay?" He says quietly.

"Yes. Did I wake you?"

"No." He says simply and then curls up again, keeping me against him.

It's still dark outside, so I didn't sleep very long but at least I didn't attack him or scream or anything when I woke up.

His hand is around me, holding my breast and I'm suddenly aware of it. My nipple hardening. "Keys?" He says and I ignore him.

I close my eyes again, trying to relax. Trying to ignore the thoughts swirling in my head.

He pinches my nipple and I arch my back into him. "Awake, Keys?" His voice is so rough and low.

I ignore him and he chuckles but brings me back against him again. His lips leave a light kiss on my shoulder as he relaxes back into the bed.

I wake up in the same position hours later and my heart is beating quickly, but I wait it out. I'm not trapped. I'm okay.

And then I see the blood.

I sit up in a panic and Zack is suddenly awake.

"It's okay. You're okay. We're okay." He says quickly, looking me and the room over to take in what's happening.

"Shit. Zack. Your arm." I say on exhales, trying to regain some semblance of calm.

"Oh shit." He says and I swing a pillow at him. "What's that for?"

"I told you if you died while we shared a bed, I'd bring you back and hit you with every pillow I could find."

"I'm not dead. It's just some blood."

"Hence only one pillow." I fall back on the bed and hear him moving around.

Fuck, that was terrifying. I thought I was having a nightmare when I saw the blood. And it was only made worse once I realized it wasn't a nightmare.

I sigh and I feel the bed dip again.

"I'm sorry I scared you, Keys."

"It's fine."

"Are you okay?" I nod. "Do you want to go back to sleep?" I shake my head. I won't be able to sleep again. And definitely not beside him again. "Should I make coffee?" I nod.

"Please."

I feel him hesitate before he goes and I slowly open my eyes and then watch him as he moves around, only in boxers as he makes two cups of coffee and comes back over, handing me one.

"How is your arm?" I ask.

"It'll be fine."

"We should get you gauze or something when we go find a new hotel."

He nods and looks at me. "Did you sleep okay?"

I nod. "Did you?" His first reaction when he woke was to calm me. Had he been sleeping, waiting for something to happen?

"I slept great." He says with a smile before sipping his coffee.

I take a sip and close my eyes and savour it. Not having to leave for coffee has been nice. Maybe I'll get a machine at my next place. And not seeing Dean as often would be good I guess now. I would need to avoid him for a while. Not see him as often. Or ever. Not until I knew whether he had tried to kiss me. I didn't want to lead him on.