ChapXer 02: Open Your Eyes

Jajsjdjdjdejjwjwjsiaoa- I was supposed to update last week but I was busy rereading this entire longass story. There are a lot of grammar mistakes and sentences I'd like to rephrase (literally most of the chapters are cringey as hell, like I'm probably gonna rewrite a lot of the chapters completely for how cringe they are. Omg no-)

but I stopped myself from redoing it haha. Need to focus on finishing this. 👤👤👤

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt as if...

What did I feel like really?

I felt as if I.. have found a piece to a puzzle, I didn't know what would happen next. What if this puzzle piece was not the right one all long? It gives me hope yet I felt dread. After staring so long at this puzzle, trying to put it together, yet I'm missing some of the pieces that have not been put in the box. I feel a great mix of hope and dread.

They didn't mix well together.

Yet, here I am, eager to put it in the place I would imagine it being. With this dreadful hope.

How could I've known?

I made a mistake, and I ruined the puzzle. But, there was something special about playing games and putting puzzles together.

You can easily just restart. Just like that.

Everything is reset to what it used to be.

Sadly, unfortunately, sorrowfully, life just doesn't work that way.

Life is stepping on broken eggshells. Caressing a rose with a blindfold on, in hopes of not pricking your finger with a thorn.

One mistake.. and it's all over.

...?

Do you hear that? The sound of her distant footsteps. It seems like she never gives up.

Oh, how I wish I could be like her. To continue running the race to the same goal I once had. To reach for the strands of time and pull on them, and unlike life itself,

Restart it all.

I'm tired of wishing.. I was ditching.

~

I could not stop running. Even if my legs were broken in 2. Even if I was crawling on the ground in a desperate attempt to get further. I was full of hope and dread. The sheer shock of it all could've left me paralyzed on the ground next to a burning car.

Or should I say, the start of it all.

But I couldn't.

I just couldn't.

I couldn't let this go, I couldn't stand there knowing that there is a chance, a possibility that he's behind the glass ready to be taken to where the lonely creatures go. So if I have to stampede down the street covered with ashes and cuts, then so be it. I made a promise, I made a promise to him to never look back. To smile for him. But I couldn't bring myself to smile. To let go of everything and just be happy.

That's just not how life works.

With the abrupt open of a door I was in a familiar shop.

"Woah there! Hey, what's with the-" I pushed the man with the boxes out of the way and ran through a certain hallway to where the bitties are kept.