Newt's Death...It Killed Me

"No-" Minho stumbled back from Thomas. His hands were shaking from where they were clutching the door frame with a vice-like grip. The Survivors stared at the man with wide eyes; the Asian didn't seem to care.

Minho's eyes surged with rage as he grabbed Thomas' collar and slammed him on the wall. "No! Thomas, how could you?!" He let out a strangled sob and pressed Thomas harder against the wall.

Thomas let him. The rough surface scraping harshly against his back distracted him from the hollow pain in his heart, at least.

Minho and him were nose-to-nose, and Thomas stared back into furious, searching eyes. There was something haunted in them, something burned and buried and desperate like a wild dog. Minho's eyes were aching, he knew, and the lashing out was a way of begging for comfort.

Thomas couldn't bring himself to care.

He shoved at Minho's chest and the other teen stumbled back, evidently stunned. "Leave me alone," Thomas snarled, and took a step forward. Minho took a step back. "You think you're the only one that gets to be angry? You think you're the only one that gets to grieve?"

"Thomas-"

"We were about to get married, Minho. Married." All the leftover strength in him fled, and Thomas couldn't help but let a few tears leak down his cheeks. Minho stared at them in horror. "Newt's death...it killed me. You know this."

Newt, what would you do if you were here?

Thomas stared at the rest of the Survivors, the family Newt and him had built together from the ashes of what W.C.K.D. had burned down to, from the experiments and the freaks and the castaways

...But you're not here, are you?

Thomas' eyes hardened. "Goodbye," he said, and walked out the door.

h-hey, uh, how's it going?

anyways, in case y'all haven't figured it out yet...

happy april fool's day! here's some frankly ooc thomas and angsty minho as a present!

enjoy!