That's Like, The Gotham of the Supernatural Community

"Hello?"

Thomas took a breath. "Hey, Vince." A pause.

Then, "Thomas?" Vince sounded shocked, and more than a little bit worried. "Is everything all right? Are the Survivors okay?" he shot rapidly.

"Yeah, yeah," Thomas reassured. "They're fine. Uh, we recently moved to Cali, I got my memories back, no biggie."

"I leave for a couple of months and I miss all the action," Vince muttered.

Thomas laughed. "Where are you anyways?"

"Since you got your memories back, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that you know W.C.K.D. fucked with out brains and put us all in a virtual reality thing, yeah?"

Thomas was a little confused with the abrupt change of subject, but he nodded, then remembered halfway through Vince couldn't see him. "Yeah," he said instead, a tinge embarrassed.

"So I, uh," Vince paused, sounding suspiciously like he was building up his confidence. "Ifoundmywife." he said quickly.

"You found your what?" Thomas demanded.

"I found my wife," he said a little slower. "Whatever W.C.K.D did to my brain stopped working. My fake memories were replaced with real ones, and the first thing I remembered was her."

"What did you do next?" Thomas asked, intrigued.

"Tracked her down, of course," Vince replied. "Took me longer than I would like, but I did it."

"How she'd take it?" he grinned, imagining Vince knocking on a random woman's door and telling them he was their long-lost husband.

"Slapped me," Vince shot, and Thomas barked a laugh. "Then interrogated me. Then, once she heard my story, offered me a job."

"You sure know how to pick them, huh?" he said.

"I really do," Vince said wistfully.

"What are you doing now?" Thomas changed the subject, not wanting to see much of a lovestruck Vince.

"We settled down on a farm," he replied. "I have a bunch of chickens, now. And more milk than I know what to do with."

A pause.

"You're not really on a farm, are you?" Thomas sighed.

"No." To his credit, Vince didn't even deny it. "What gave it away?"

"You left the Safe Haven because it was 'too domestic' but you settle down in a farm with a wife and chickens? Not likely." Thomas listed. "Plus, no one would interrogate you before offering a job on a farm."

"And?" Vince asked. "I'm sensing an and."

"And I can hear gunshots in the background," he deadpanned.

Vince cursed. "I thought I was far enough from the fight that you wouldn't hear it."

"Usually that would work," he laughed. "But I was raised by a man that always tried to hide when he was in gunfights which made me listen for them more."

The older man hummed. "That makes sense."

"Wait," Thomas listened closer. "Are those growls?"

"Yeah, um," Vince said sheepishly. "We're hunting...mountain lions?"

Thomas groaned. "You're involved in the supernatural. Aren't you."

"Kid," Vince sighed. "How in the world did you figure that one out?"

"Y'know how we moved to Cali?" Silence, but Thomas assumed that he nodded. "Well, it's also where I grew up."

"So?"