Chapter 48-Promise (18+)

A/N: I'm sure you know the drill by now, there's two versions of this chapter. This is the one with smut, which isn't great because I'm terrible at writing it but just ignore that. Also, a lot happens this chapter so buckle in and enjoy the ride! (Pay attention to the ring)

The halls of Hogwarts were not the same. The eyes on the group of friends etched pity into their skin, burned it as if it was the most powerful emotion one could feel. They all walked through the school, ignoring the whispers and the dreariness. It wasn't the same without Zina to light it up.

Pansy and Luna pushed past everyone, Pansy immediately reverted to the girl she acted as with everyone else, spitting insults at those who stared at her.

Sage silenced many, turning heads away with just one look. Everyone made their way to the Slytherin common room, not one of them going near Zina's dorm, instead staying in the Common Room.

"Zina? She was a freak,"

"She didn't belong in this house, she was so soft,"

"Not to mention, she was an idiot. I swear, there was nothing in her head but air,"

People in the common room were laughing, laughing about Zina. Pansy was fuming, but Luna pulled her away.

Sage and Alexandria couldn't be held back, however, as they pounced like wolves on their prey. Draco didn't even try, instead watching as his girlfriend beat up Kai Lewis, the one who called Zina a "freak" and an "idiot". Needless to say, he wouldn't be able to fly on a broom for at least a year once she was done with him.

"No, stop, please," Blaise said flatly and with no force, just waving his hand at his girlfriend, letting her continue.

It was when Kai threw a punch back at Andry that everyone joined in. Emory, Ben, and Briar fought off the guys who tried to stop Alexandria, while Draco helped her. Finally, Slughorn came in after hearing the commotion from down the hall and put an end to the fight, having to peel Theo and the rest of them away.

"Violence is not how we settle disputes!" He shouted, "Now would anyone like to explain why Mister Lewis and Mister Thompson are unconscious and bloody? Hm? Miss Rainbrooke?"

"Professor, I have a good reason,"

"Yes, I would hope so. Miss Bulstrode, please escort the boys to the hospital wing. All of you, come with me." Slughorn directed and left the Common Room, holding the portrait open for the students to step through.

Alexandria was not scared or worried about punishment as her and Draco walked out with their heads held high and his hand on her lower back.

Once they were all out, Slughorn led them to his office and brought Alexandria inside, then he closed the door, making everyone else wait.

"I am deeply disappointed, Miss Rainbrooke, your mother would never–"

"Sir, I apologize for interrupting but I must respectfully disagree. I'm sure you heard about the death of my friend, Zina Selene?"

"Yes, I did. Miss Selene was one of my best students, my condolences. Though that does not excuse you to act out as you please, especially when you are battering other students. Might I remind you that you are a trained assassin, they are helpless fools!"

"I am aware of that. I apologize that I couldn't help myself when they disrespected her name. They called her stupid and a freak and–"

"Miss Rainebrooke, I am not excusing their actions. They will get their due punishment, but it is not your responsibility to give it. Might I recommend a session with a mind healer? I can speak to the headmistress and arrange for a visit,"