1

Rory looks at her bewildered mother and anticipates some sort of quippy or angry or well any response at all. However, Lorelai just sits there staring into space with a blank expression. The only thing that could indicate that she was a functioning human being was that she was ,or seemed to be, counting with her fingers.

"Mom?" Rory asks nervously "Mom, did I break you or something?" she pauses for her mother and then starts to get worried. Shaking her mother , " Mom please say something, anything... Please talk to me.' 

"Logan's?" Lorelai stutters, " B-because  I did the math in my head and I know you broke up with Paul via text so there wasn't much going on there and the Wookie was so long ago that you would be showing by now so unless you slept with someone after New Hampshire I'm pretty certain it's his, it is his isn't it?" She blurted it all out so fast that she actually started panting for breath.

"Well... I mean yeah i guess." Rory replied

"But I haven't told him yet and I just wanted to tell you because if you saw me stop drinking coffee for any other reason, I'm positive you would've had me in a straight jacket before you can say caffeine" She let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding in and then smiled as her mother quietly chortled at her slightly panicked response.

"So does that mean it's for keeps?" Lorelai asked

"It's for keeps mom" Rory said with a warm smile as she began to rest her head on her mom.

__________________________________________________________

The pair had just got back to their house and into bed when Rory had a sudden realisation. LOGAN! Logan was getting married tomorrow and she hadn't told him. She felt guilty because she'd known for a few days now but it was better late than never.

Rory unlocked her phone and called Logan... RIIIIING.....RIIINNNNG......RIIIING. No answer. Rory tried one more time but knew full well it would be a fruitless endeavour and so decided on a text.

RORY: Hi Logan, look i know we said our goodbyes in New Hampshire but i really need to talk to you. This is important.

Rory tossed and turned all night and since she couldn't sleep decided to try a few more times. The first two were all for nothing but the third... RIIINNNNG......RRRRRIIIIIIINNNG... 

"Hello? Rory are you ok because it's 4 in the morning where you are?"

"Logan, I'm sorry but i couldn't sleep and this really is important."

"What's the matter Ace?"

" I'm so sorry you have to hear this over the phone but i don't see any other way that doesn't make sure you know the facts before you go through with the wedding and just so you know if you still marry Odette I won't hold it against you or avoid you ok?.... Logan"

"Yeah." He says solemnly

"Logan I'm pregnant."

Silence.

Rory waits patiently for him to reply before saying, " I'm so so sorry."

Rory doesn't know what to do but cry and after a few minutes Logan reply's with,

"Rory, I'm sorry I just needed a minute to process and now that I have begun to I just want to thank you for finally opening my eyes to  the biggest mistake of my life."

"What- what do you mean"

"I mean that I love you and that i should never have even aired the possibility of Odette over you and this baby. I'm flying to stars hollow tomorrow and I promise that we can start the happy ending handed to us by this gift."

" I love you too." Rory whispers.