4

LOGAN

I sat there in silence as I watched the medical team do countless tests and procedures on her.When I found her there, lying unconscious on the floor I knew that she was the love of my life. The pain I had felt and was still partly feeling couldn't be as furious and undying for anyone else but her. The very thought of losing her made me want to break down in tears and though i was hesitant about what our relationship would be like when she first told me she was pregnant, I now knew that I was never going to let her go.

The ambulance was more turbulent than I thought it would be but I found just enough balance to be able to call Lorelai ,as she was out of town for Inn business and therefore not at home with Rory.

" Lorelai when I ask you not to panic I really mean it." I said in a more upset tone that I had meant to say it in.

"Logan? What's going on? Is something wrong with Rory?" She said, clearly on the verge of tears.

"She and I are currently in an ambulance on the way to St Andrews Hospital in Hartford. I found her collapsed, unconscious on the floor at around 4:45 am. I'm sorry, It-it was my fault." I said breaking out into tears again.

"What? How? This is. MY BABY." She said hysterically.

"I think it may have been caused by the stress she felt when I told her I was in a car accident. I'm so sorry I-I-I can't believe this." 

"I'm coming there right now. I'll be there in around 3 hours. Can you please call Rory's grandparents and father in the meantime and I know that's a big ask but I don't think I'll be able to get a word out without sounding like this" Lorelai pleaded in between long sobs.

I did as she asked and called Christopher and as expected he said he'd be right over but before i could call Richard and Emily we arrived at the hospital. The sight of the hospital made this even more harrowing to me and I just wanted Rory to be ok. As soon as they loaded her out of the ambulance she was wheeled into copious amounts of testing and check-ups so I was relocated to the waiting room and ,as the name suggests, wait. During this time i managed the very impressive feat of calling Emily and Richard, playing chess in my head to avoid thinking about it, being so worried I went to the bathroom to splash water on my face and promptly had a panic attack, buy every single type of coffee on the nearby machine and after 20 mins of idle staring I greeted Christopher and tried to put on a brave face.

I shook his hand and updated him more thoroughly on the situation.

" Logan I am worried about my daughter but your worry shouldn't let you cloud your judgement and blame yourself until we know something more. I am kind of blank at the moment but i'm sure the panic will kick in and kick hard when it does."

His words made me feel a fraction of an inch better but it was only when the nurse notified us that our baby was alive and well that I let myself breathe.

RORY:

I woke up in hospital room with an IV in my hand and monitors on my belly.Before i had time to panic I was informed about my condition to the nurse:

"You collapsed from built up stress, an imbalance of hormones and slightly decreased blood sugar levels. Ultimately you were just really worried and tired and your body couldn't keep up. We  want to keep you overnight but after that you need a couple of days bed rest and with decreased stress you should be as normal. " He nodded his head, gave a smile and closed the door behind him.

I hadn't noticed before but Logan was in a chair in the corner sleeping.

"Logan?" I whispered.

He didn't wake so I chose to let him sleep and get some myself.

-----------------

I awoke to Logan arguing on the phone with his father. 

"DAD THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO YOU REALISE WHAT YOU COULD HAVE COST ME. MY BABY, MY FUCKING BABY DAD AND EVEN RORY. THE STRESS YOU HAVE BEEN PUTTING ME UNDER WORSENED WHAT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN NOTHING. WORRYING ABOUT ME IS WHO SHE IS AND HER STRESS INCREASED WHEN SHE SAW HOW MISERABLE I WAS. I REFUSE TO WORK ANYMORE THAN IS FAIR AND 60 HOURS A WEEK IS FAR FROM FAIR. THE SCRUTINY YOU HAVE BEEN PUTTING ME UNDER STOPS NOW." He hung up the phone with a dramatic flare before he noticed I was watching him. It was comforting to see that upon seeing me his face automatically softened.

"Logan?" I asked concerned.

"Ace, i'm so glad that you're ok. I'm so sorry, I feel like this is all my fault."

"I'm glad you finally stood up to your dad. He was killing you.Oh and can you come here." I motioned towards my head. He did as he was instructed but not knowing if it was because i was in pain clearly made him a bit anxious.

"Can you just lean right here?" I said as i pointed towards a spot near my head and before he had time to protest I kissed him. The sweetness of the kiss quickly turned into an undying passion, each of us yearning for more and as we split apart I whispered, " You know I love you way too much right?" He chuckled before replying, " yes but I love you most."

We put our foreheads together and in that moment I could finally picture all three of us, one big happy family. I'd been wrestling with the idea before but now it had become a surety, a certain outcome that I had to look forward to instead of simply hope for.

As Logan went to sit back in his chair I saw my mom come in.

"Are you okay there sleepyhead?" she said before being followed in by my dad and grandparents.

I smiled as I knew they all sacrificed a great deal to just be here and support me and the amount of loe i was feeling at this very moment made my heart burst. I instinctually placed my hand on the baby and I looked down and thought how lucky it would be to have all of these amazing people and more in it's life.

"I see you are already getting quite a bump there!" Grandma said excitedly, "How many weeks are you?"

"About 10 weeks apparently." I said recalling my doctors appointment a month ago that I had to confirm the pregnancy.

"I'm actually about to get my first ultrasound."

"Make sure you give us some pictures kid." Dad said.

I nodded my head in agreement and just as mom was about to jump in, with a quippy retort no doubt, the nurse came in and told us they were ready for me to get the ultrasound.

Logan followed as i was wheeled into the room.

The placed the cold jelly on my stomach and rubbed it with the wand. I saw the sonogram but couldn't see the baby until the nurse pointed it out, "and there is your little prince or princess." He said putting his finger on a tiny alien-like orb.

Without realising it both me and Logan started crying and as we held hands and laughed at each others dramatics we could only think of our baby. I loved him and this thing we made would grow up knowing it was made by love.

"Come back in a month for a check up and if you want, a gender reveal."

I looked at Logan excitedly and he nodded, "Yes ace I want to find out too." With a big grin plastered on his face.