2

LOGAN:

I was on the flight to Hartford and I couldn't believe why I was going. I didn't seem real to me yet. All I knew was that I wanted to know my child, the product of me and Rory's unshakable love and no one, not even Mitchum or the dynastic plan, was going to stop me. Me and Odette hadn't loved each other anyway, not in the way to people engaged to be married should anyway. She ended up becoming a dear friend and when I told her I couldn't marry her she was actually relieved because she and her boyfriend, Filip, had planned to run away together. I couldn't be happier for her and she wished me the best of luck.

The dark lord on the other hand was not so thrilled, I hadn't exactly told him why I left Odette or wanted to transfer to one of HPG's branches in America but at this point I think he already kind of knew. He told me I was shirking my responsibilities to the family and our company and that if I continued on my path HPG might not be in my future after all. I know he was mad but i didn't think that he would play the career card but in time, when he knows everything, I'm sure he'll calm down and soften to my actions. At any rate, I had to put those things out of my mind.

I was freaking out. A baby? A FUCKING BABY?! How could this have happened? I was so sure we used protection that night but maybe we were so drunk it didn't register and I didn't or something. None of that mattered now though, Rory was pregnant with my child and that was that. I'm so grateful she decided to tell me as I can't imagine never knowing  my child, our child but I was also puzzled on what it meant. For now i wanted to focus on being there for her during the pregnancy but I knew in my heart that I still wanted her. I wanted my Ace back. What terrified me was that I wasn't sure if she wanted the same. She wanted me in our child's life that was for sure but as what I had know clue.

Suddenly, there was a jolt and the plane hit the ground and the pilot announced the landing. I was shitting myself as i stepped out of the plane because stepping into Hartford meant that it wasn't just a really confusing dream. I took a deep breath and stepped out, this was real,it was happening, I was going to be a father.

------------------------------------------------------

The cab service drove me up to her house and I hesitated ever so slightly before knocking on the door.

RORY:

I heard knocking on the door and i rushed over to greet him. I knew it was Logan and the fact that he was already here made me realise how much I wanted him to be here.

I opened the door and greeted him, 

"Hey Logan."

"Hey ace, can I come in?"

" Yeah sure." 

I left the door open as I walked towards the kitchen and he silently followed. I couldn't figure out what he was thinking but I did see that he was tired.

"Can I get you some coffee, I was gonna make some for myself anyway and you look like you need it."

"Yeah thanks."

I made the coffee and Logan noticed that i didn't use decaf for mine.

" Ace aren't pregnant women not supposed to drink caffeine?"

"A little is fine and I haven't had one yet today."

We drank there in silence.

"Look Logan I'm gonna cut to the chase because I need to know and I think you need to know some things as well: I don't want any money from you or anything in that respect, all I want is to know if your in or out. I know you said that you loved me on the phone but i wouldn't hold it against you if you backed out after you had time to think about it. The bottom line is Logan, that i'm keeping this baby and raising it with or without you but I would prefer to do it with you."

Logan took my hand in his and gave me a solemn look.

" Rory, I meant what i said when I told you I loved you and as for the baby I want to be as involved as you'll let me. This is our kid ace and I want to raise it with you. I broke things off with Odette, who ran off with Filip, and I let my father know i was transferring to an American branch of HPG. He threatened my position but i don't care because you and my son or daughter are my first priority."

We stared at each other intensely and then finally I pulled him in for the sweetest, most tender kiss I think we had ever shared.

" I love you Logan and I want our baby to have both its parents. Let's get some sleep you look like crap"

"Why thank you my love." He retorted as I lead him to my bedroom where we fell asleep curled up in each other's arms. 

Things were starting to feel right. I had regretted cutting things off with Logan the moment i did but me head lead me to stay away. This baby seemed like our chance at a new beginning.