stuck

(Joe's POV)

I feel so nervous around Lauren now. Im pretty sure that she loves me back because of what happened the other day but I'm tip toeing around her just in case she's not ready for love. She clearly doesn't have the same concern though - if anything, she's more bubbly than usual. But I don't know what it means when a girl is like that. Does it mean that she is happy or is she hiding something or...? I don't know. All I know is that I'm over thinking and I do it way too often. Never mind.

Oh there's Lauren, playing with some stickers. She's too cute for her own good. The other day, she told me that it was Obama's fault that people don't believe in mermaids then drew me a crayon drawing of what we would look like as mermaids. Its now stuck to my closet door.

"Joe?" I come back to life and realize I'd literally been staring at her the whole time. Haha oops

"Sorry, zoned out thinking about mermaids."

"Curse Obama." She powerfully preached then fell into fits of giggles before returning to her cat stickers.

"You know, with any other girl, I would have to worry about what to buy her for her birthday or valentines day or Christmas but with you, all I'll have to do is stock up on stickers, crayons and coloring books." I'm half joking and half being serious because although I probably will end up getting those for her, when it comes to it, I also have something else in mind but I'll save that for a later date.

"I knew there was a reason I kept you around, I mean who else would provide me with the bare necessities?" My funny little Lauren.

"Baloo of course." Lauren errupted into song and once she had finished her impromptu performance, she seemed worn out.

"Was that necessary?" I joked.

"Disney is always necessary Joeseph and if we are going to last for any length of time then you shall have to learn that." Life lesson from Lauren Lopez.

(Laurens POV)

Well at least Joe now knows the golden rule of dating me. I'm a little worried about him though, he's such an awkward person really. Sure he's damn hot and like the nicest person you'll ever meet but with taboo subjects (the only one between us being love) he's treading on egg shells around me. I don't want him to feel on edge now that we sort of know we love each other. Obviously I don't want to just 'get it over with' because as I said, love means a lot to me and him so I want to take it as it comes but if that means him feeling uncomfortable then I'm going to have to sort something out.

I'm not gonna bore you by telling you about my 2 hour conversation to do with stickers and Disney films because now that I think of it, it was pretty boring. So, its almost bedtime and even though I have done absolutely crap all today, I'm shattered. I might just go to bed early, I'll just say good night to Joe then I'll be out like a light. I tap on his door and hear a faint 'come in'. Holy hell. As I open the door, he is shirtless. Oh my god...yummy. His abs...his arms...him.

"Hey, there's my favorite little girl." This is not fair. He picked me up and sat so that I'm now straddling his lap. Like a horse but better because I love this horse and he's better looking than horses. As I look at him, I notice that his smile isn't quite reaching his eyes, he looks tired but a little sad too.

"Is everything alright? You seem a little frail." He said nothing but pulled me in closer for a hug. Okay there a definitely something wrong. But the fact that he's incredibly close to me whilst being shirtless is really starting to sink in now...wow. Stay focused Lauren. Right.

"Joe, honey what's wrong?" I felt him take a shaky breath.

"I don't know. I've just got lots of different things going around my head at the moment and I they're overwhelming me a little bit." Poor thing, I wonder what else is on his mind? It can't just be one thing...can it?

"Is there anything I could do?" I whispered, not wanted to disturb him as he gathered his thoughts, not that it would make a difference.

"Can you just...just stay with me tonight?" With him? As in overnight? Shirtless is all I can hear right now. Well of course I'm gonna say yes, I can't leave him when he's feeling so down.

"Of course I will." And that was that. We got into bed and he wrapped his (bare) strong arms around my waist and I'm gonna be honest, I've totally got butterflies. I love him so much. Maybe soon I'll have the courage to say it out loud.