fake

(Laurens POV)

So I'm meeting Julia just outside the mall today and I'm planning on telling her about Joe and I. Nobody except us knows because we sort of wanted to just be us and not have big fusses but its hard not to talk about it because I'm way too excited about it. So anyway then we...why is that girl creepily smiling at me? And do I know her from somewhere? She looks sort of familiar. Oh God - she's walking towards me. I'm gonna speed up and pretend I don't know her.

"Lauren Lopez!" Well okay. She knows me. I stop and turn slowly to look at her.

"Um...hi?" She gave me a smile and continues.

"Do you not remember me?" I shake my head, hoping that she'll just go away.

"I'm Florence! Florence August. I used to date Joe. I know you know who he is." She said with a wink. Florence. Of all people. I'm going to stab her. Or rip her false eyelashes off.

"I don't want to talk to you." I carry on walking and she walks beside me. What dies she not get about 'I don't want to talk to you' ?! Jeez.

"So I hear your dating Joe then?"

"Yes I am. Not that it's any of your business." She smiled sweetly. Fakely.

"Aww! That's so cute. I only hope Joe has changed. He was ever so awful to me. Made me cry you know." I stopped. I could feel my face stiffening.

"You cheated on Joe. He got mad. He lost confidence in girls. It was your fault. Do not blame Joe for your mistakes. Now please go away." Before I slap you... I look at her and her face has gone colder than mine. Wow that's like...freezing.

"Listen Lopez. You don't know a god damn thing about me and Joe. I bet he's only with you to make me jealous. As soon as I come back, he'll drop you like a penny. So enjoy him while you can." She cocked her head slightly and smiled. Again - fake as Kim Kardashians ass.

What was I doing again? Oh yeah. Julia. Oh I think I can see her.

"Julia!" Oh good she's seen me.

"Hey! How you doing?" Angry. Pissed off. Frustrated. Gonna stab someone. Florence.

"I'm good thanks! How about you?" Okay so im lying a bit but I don't want to drag the conversation down immediately.

"I'm great! So happy to see you. But um who was that girl you were talking to back there? You didn't exactly look happy to see her." Great. I haven't even told her about Joe and already I have to tell her about Florence.

"Okay Juls, I'm gonna tell you from the start and then this will make sense."  As I told Julia, her facial expressions moulded throughout the explanation and ended on what looked like shock and anger.

"Oh Lo! I'm so happy for you guys, I knew it. But oh that bitch! Seriously though, how could someone be so cruel?"

"I know. But you don't think she's right do you? Joes not only dating me to get back at her is he?" I know its silly of me to believe any word that comes out of trash like her but you can never be too careful.

"Lauren! Girl, listen to yourself then slap yourself and take a look at Joe. You two have been best friends forever, you know him better than anyone. Just because your relationship has changed, doesn't mean he has too. He would never do anything like that. But if your still worried and your little chat with mama Julia didn't help, then talk to him." Mama julia. Oh she does make me laugh.

"I love you Juls. Thanks for this."

"Anytime hun, anytime." You gotta love Julia.