ballgowns and breakdowns

BALLGOWNS AND BREAKDOWNS

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

↠︎ ❝︎𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, it's not my fault i like both men and women!" you quip back as your mother talks to your maids telling them what to do in preparation for the ball you're about to have.

"y/n! do not say that! it's just a phase. you will do as i say and marry a rich prince, that's why we're having the king of the west here. the prince will come and you will get married to become rich." she says sternly as she shudders at the nonsense of you being in a "phase" of being bisexual.

"mother! this is not a phase! i like both women and men! you can't change that! you know what? i will marry who i'd like too, i'm only 16 mother." you say back crossing your arms. your mother always taught you to never give up on a fight and you will not back down.

"this is nonsense. we are finished with this quarrel. maid! come help y/n get ready for the ball please." she says as she lifts her head up to leave the room.

you sigh heavily and lay down on your soft bed. your maid, lucy comes in and curtsies politely.

"oh lucy, did you hear her?" you ask sadly as you look at one of your only friends in the palace. she lightly nods as a small sigh escapes her lips. she's known that you've liked both boys and girls for a while, she was the only person you trusted enough.

"come on lady y/n, we must get you ready for the ball." another maid, anna says as she walks into the room. you lightly nod and weakly smile at lucy.

you step into the bath they drew for you and feel the warm water come into contact with your skin, "i wish mom was more accepting." you sigh as you continue to take your bath.

when you are done taking a bath, you walk over by lucy as she looks through your dresses, "these won't do, i'll go see if anyone has made more." she says as she leaves the room to find a dress for the ball.

anna walks over to you to help you get your hair ready. once she was finished, your hair cascaded down in long gorgeous waves.

 once she was finished, your hair cascaded down in long gorgeous waves