Room

A/N:  I want a b o y f r i e n d. I mean, I have one, but also I want a n o t h e r. Anyway, this is based on the song Room by Chaz Cardigan, but you don't need to have heard the song to get it. 

It's been a while since I've been back here. Back home. I'd forgotten just how much it reminds me of you. Everything's telling me to let it go, I'm married now, and it's been years. I should just turn the lights off and walk away. 

No, I think I'll stay. There are photos of us somewhere, my mom kept them, even though I told her not to. She said I might want them, memories of my childhood. Maybe she was right. 

Of course, there's not pictures of everything. No pictures of what went on behind closed doors.  I wouldn't need them anyway, I still remember the first time. Your blue sheets, our shirts thrown haphazardly your floor. Some kids were playing Payphone on repeat, and you winked at me as you locked the door. I see that look on your face whenever I close my eyes. 

There are no pictures of us on your couch, the first time we made out. Or the time you laid your head on my shoulder and I told you I could stay the night.  

As I lay back on the bed and close my eyes, I'm there. In your room. I can remember every detail like I was there yesterday. The old phones, useless ID card, and the map of Ecuador hanging proudly on the wall. 

I wish I could travel back to the time your parents left town for a week. We were studying every kind of chemistry, save the notes for our test. We should've studied, but I could never control myself when you looked at me like that. I could draw that look from memory. 

We haven't been in touch, but I heard that you've moved on, you're married. To some guy you met in college. I'd say I'm happy for you, but that would be a lie. And I'm trying to work on that.