Chapter 14 * Final Chapter *

Chapter 14 * FinalChapter *

I sat crouched in my cell stuffing my face with todays meat. I didn't care what it was as long as it was fresh. In case you hadn't guessed their damn serums worked and I'm one of the their human like zombies now. I guess it's better than the original zombies since I can still have actual thoughts and I can still speak. Only difference is if my stomach isn't full then I will eat everything and everyone that has yummy meat wrapped in flesh.

I still haven't seen Alistair and Jasper since I've been here. I intend to find a way to find them. I'm sure that they are giving them the same type of stuff. Maybe just in different doses or maybe different kinds. All I know is I intend to find them with or without these peoples help. I had to find them. I can't say that we have to get out of here considering I'm a zombie but I have to at least meet up with them. Talk to them, hug them, maybe shoot a few things. I looked up as I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Can I be let out to wonder around now? I promise to not cause any trouble today." I stated.

Yesterday when they let me roam around I broke a few viles of their stuff. Threw them against the wall and broke a few bones of some people. So instead of being in a cage I was put back in their moldy cells. Hopefully they would agree to let me out so I can wonder around and look for Jasper and Alistair.

"I guess." He said as he slid open the door after unlocking it.

I hopped up and bouced past him giving him a smile. Not remembering which way to go I turned to the left and hoped I'd find something other than doctors. I found more cells luckily.

"Hello?" My voice echoed down the corridor.

I got mo response back so I kept walking making sure to look in every cell as I walked past it. All I had looked in were empty yet all had the smell of death surrounding it. Death is a gross musty smell and it's horrible if you're human. But being the zombie I am it makes me smile. Death is something that excites me now. I used to do it to just keep myself from turning into what I am now. But I'm not a mindless drone wandering around and wishing that I had some live human meat to munch upon.

"Jasper?! Alistair?!" I shouted down the never ending corridor. 

I heard a small shout and took off running. I didn't miss a beat as the small shouts grew louder and louder. Closer and closer. Finally I came to a stop in from of a rust cell. Looking between the bars I saw someone or something slumped on the floor in the corner. I used the set of keys I stole yesterday to unlock the door. I quietly slid it open enough to where I could slide through the gap and I went straight for the corner. It was Alistair. I rolled him over and saw his eyes open but he wasn't breathing. I let out of sob as I stumbled back. They killed him with their stupid serums. Now they're going to pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made my way back after I searched the rest of the cells for Jasper. I entered the lab and saw Jasper in a cage. I ran over but was pulled back by workers. 

"Jasper!" I shouted, struggling to get out of these peoples grasp.

"Star!" He reached his hand out for me. 

"Let him out, he's stable." The doctor stated. As soon as they released him he wrapped his arms around me and I collapsed crying. 

Alistair's dead. Not alive and well like he should be. He's not here with us, in a cell not breathing. 

"Bring Alistair back." I spoke to the doctor and all him little minions. 

He nodde at his workers and they grabbed a bunch of stuff and headed back towards the cells. Jasper and I sat there waiting for them to come back with thee verdict. It was a few hours before they came back. They looked at Jasper and I sitting on the floor together.

"He's alive and one of you. He'll be fine in a few days." One finally spoke up.

"Everyone out there who was a zombie has been cured. It's your job to turn everyone into one of you so we can have living zombies but everyone is still technecally human, if you do this you're all free to go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* A Few Years Later *

We now live amungst the humans and so far we haven't lived out our promise. But we never said we'd do it right away. We go to school now and we act like normal humans except when we're alone with each other. The institute supplies us with meat so we don't eat anyone. It just takes bodily fuids or a bite to turn someone, so we need to make sure once our plan is fully developed and we test it we won't want to eat the poor person. 

We to wait for the right moment to strike on humanity.