24. Because I love you.

I woke up hearing the alarm going off. Yesterday, before going to bed I had set the alarm for 7 o'clock. Today, without being lazy I got up. I finished my morning routine and got ready at half-past 8. Not only that I organized my working bag and also took some necessary files with me. It was only 9 and at ease, I reached the office at 9:30.

This was a very big accomplishment for me and moreover a fresh beginning.

When pangzi came to the office I was working already.

"What am I seeing?

Wait a minute did the sunrise in the west today? Unbelievable things are happening right now..."

"Stop it Pangzi. What's with all this exaggeration? I'm just doing my job. You too. Be a little more serious."

"Woah.. Wuxie."

"Take this. Contact all the dealers in it and finalize the deals directly. And if they don't agree with the price no need to bargain. Just cancel it."

"O....k"

I handed him the file and returned to do my job. That day passed like that. I was fully focused on the work. Later the whole week I was busy. I only saw Xiao ge one or two times here and there. I wished him but didn't talk to him. He has been my distraction all my life and my ignorance hurt him. So I had decided to work sincerely.

"Wuxie... Now it needs to be signed by your Xiao ge. Everything else is ready."

"Okay then do it."

"You go. Here."

"Can't you see im doing here something?"

"Wuxie... You don't like him anymore?"

"Why? What happened now? Don't even think about a Wuxie without xiao ge."

"Then why are you avoiding him these days?"

"Because I love him."

"Huh? What kind of love is this?"

"You saw how people made fun of him. If I want to change that I have to work hard and make this project a success, right? Thats what xiao ge wants too. But... I won't be able to focus if I think about him or see him all time. So im just keeping a safe distance."

"Wuxie. You are hard to understand."

"It's okay. Im not asking for your understanding."

"Eh! That hurts. But do you think he will understand? Take a break. Let today be your cheat day. You take this to him."

"Mmmmm... Sounds good. I miss him like crazy. So cheat day it is. I'll be back."

Until Pangzi mentioned it I didn't know I was this desperate to see him. I picked up the file ran to him.
He was inside his office. I knocked on the door.

"May I come in?"

It was strange, the way he looked at me. I was confused about either to enter or not.

"Can I come in?"

"Come in."

Maybe I saw him this close after a week or so, I was a little bit nervous. I gave him the file.

"I double-checked everything. But still, go through it once more. If there is anything, ask me."

"Sit."

He was going over the file, attentively. His elegance was blinding my eyes. I wanted to stay there looking at him forever. But I had promised myself that ill focus only on the job.