Chapter 68

At the eight-month mark of Emma's pregnancy, she stopped moving around as much. I had to do a lot of the work around the house, but as long as the baby was healthy I didn't really mind. Emma could barely see her own feet. We didn't go out of the house too much and when we did, the paparazzi took many pictures.

We had officially sent in our retirement from acting and I got into contact with the management company my family owned and was able to get the job there. Since I was in the family that owned it, I had a higher up job. Assistant CEO. The real CEO would be retiring anyway and then I would move up. It was a little unfair to the others who had worked here, but they didn't seem to mind.

I started working from home, so I could help Emma if she needed it. She mostly sat in bed all day and read. She had gotten me books on infants too. She told me to read them as soon as possible so I was "fully prepared for when the baby gets here so you don't drop him." I don't think she meant that though because she burst into tears after and apologized.

Currently we were sitting in bed on the mid-morning of September 13th. We were both watching tv when Emma started groaning in pain.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! It's happening!"

"Okay. Let me grab the bag and stuff!"

"GO QUICKLY!"

Once I got all the stuff and we got into the car we drove to the hospital. When we arrived, she got on a wheelchair and we went into the room. Emma told me to call Bonnie and Dan, so I left the room and went to their numbers.

"(Y/N)? What's going on?" Bonnie said as she answered the phone

"Emma's in labor! She wants you guys here. So, hurry up!"

"What?! Now?"

"Yes now! Just get Dan and get over here!"

"okay, okay we are on our way!"

I hung up the phone and went back in the room. When I walked in, Emma was waiting for me with an expectant look on her face.

"Well? Are they coming or not?!"

"they're on their way right now. They should be here soon."

"They better, I need Bonnie here right now!"

"she will be here. Do you need anything?"

"No. I'll be okay."

I went to go sit next to her on the chair and she grabbed my hand. After about a half hour, Bonnie and Dan arrived. Emma was nowhere near ready to start pushing though. We were going to be here for a while.

"(Y/N), go get coffee with Dan or something! Bonnie stay here."

"Do you want anything?"

"No! just go!" she clearly wanted to be alone with Bonnie

"Okay, we'll be back soon okay?"

"Yep! Cya!" Bonnie said

Dan and I walked to get coffee and talked for a bit. We were going to be here for a long time.