13 - Opening New Doors

Today is Friday, and I'm getting ready for my job. I already called the babysitter over here to watch Mani. I still haven't told Nathan I even got the job but what's the worst that could happen.

The uniform I have to wear requires heels, so tonight I'm looking a little more exposed than usual.

Right now I'm unbraiding my braids that I put in last night so that my hair can get wavy. I applied some lipstick and some eyeliner. I grabbed for my heels and ran out my bathroom. I took my jacket, my purse, and the keys to the condo then I left my room. Nathan hasn't left the city since the party but that doesn't mean I've been avoiding him every chance I get. Calista has been staying over since then, I really don't know what they've been doing but I really don't care to know. I'm ready to go, I already said bye to Mani who was watching cartoons and laying down.

I walked down the long hall while slipping on my heels. By the time I reached the end of the hall turning the corner to go into the living room, Nathan was sitting on a chair looking out the window with the balcony door opened. He had on some sweats and that was it. His skin was shiny like he had been sweating or something. I chose to ignore him and walk past him to the door.

"Where you going ?" He said still staring out the doors.

"Out. I got somewhere to go. "

"Out where Lotus? " He sounded like my father when I wasn't being up front with him.

"Work. I'm going to work. " I said monotonically.

"Heh. Why? You know you don't have to work."

"If you are implying that I should sit around yo condo all day and ask you for money whenever I need money you are 100% wrong. "

"Why do you do that? "

"Nathan I'm going to be late can I jus-"

"You treat me like some outsider Lotus! Like I'm a monster. I'm not - I'm not a monster. " I think he's crying. Yeah bruh. He crying.

"Nathan. I can't treat you the way you want to be treated when you act the way you do. I don't think you are as intimidating as you put out to be. But that's all on you Nathan. " I turned to walk out the door but he was standing up.

"I don't want to do some of the things I do. I'm unstable, I can't stop it. "

"Nathan I have to leave, I'll be back. " He walked up to me fast. He smelled like heavy alcohol. He wrapped his arms around my waist. His hands went lower and lower slowly.

"Okay Nathan, don't -" I pushed his arms off me. He looked directly at me as I turned around quickly and opening the door, leaving, and slamming the door. I thought about Hasan, and how he would react to all that I have to tell him on Saturday when he is coming. If I could go back with him, I would. I got onto the elevator and made it to the lobby. I said hey to the doorman and made my way onto the bustling New York sidewalk.

🐽🐽🐽
"Basically you just working the restaurant area of the club so when someone ask for a table over here you show them to it, give them these menus, and so forth. " Jafar was telling me my job for the rest of the night. He stared directly into my eyes while giving me the instructions, which made me look away. My shift end at 1, so I think this is a pretty easy job.

When he was done he handed me some menus and showed me to the front podium where I stand at. The club open up at 10, ands it's ladies free until 11 tonight so it's gone be a busy night. Jafar walked back over to the bar leaving me alone in the restaurant area. Celeste not going to be here until 11:30, I guess she had a family emergency or at least that what he told me. Some more workers came in, they went to go punch in the break room. I bought my journal with me cause I been abandoning it since Nathan started going on some of his rampages. I pulled the stool up behind me and grabbed my pen.