32- Never Better

I opened my eyes to a room, the curtains were closed and Kimani was laying on my stomach. I moved her head slightly off of me and onto a pillow. I got up and went straight to the bathroom, I peed and washed my hands. I walked out the bedroom and into the big ass penthouse. There was a maid vacuuming the living room area. I didn't see Nathan, but I smelled his cologne. The maid looked up at me and smiled then went back to vacuuming. I walked towards the kitchen were I found Nathan sitting another one his expensive looking outfits and on the phone. He had a few pill bottles in front of him and he smiled up at me when he saw me. He gestured for me to come closer to him.

"Yeah just the one this month?" he pulled me by waist as he talked on the phone. He put his chin on my shoulder as he continued.

"Alright thank you, have a great day." I turned my head to look at him from the corner of my eye. This was the Nathan I was in love with, the nice one. He hung up the phone and turned my waist making me face him. He kissed me slightly.

"Good morning." he said.

"Morning." I said.

"I got to talk to you, about the shit that went down?" I nodded as I ran my finger down his buttons on the front of his shirt.

"You okay, they didn't touch you?" He clenching his jaw.

"No, them niggas did drop me on my shoulder though. But they treated me like a house guest not no kidnap victim, it was mad weird." I kept my eyes on his white shirt. "But Bean was there." he took his eye of my hands and looked me in my eyes.

"He was?" his jaw started clenching more and that vein that pops out on his forehead when he's mad was protruding.

"Yeah, he was the one that called you right? Dante said something about sparing his life, and he pretty much used me as bait."

"I'm just happy you okay." he kissed me again it got deep and he put his around my ass squeezing them.

"Sir, oh I'm sorry." the maid walked into the kitchen but immediately turned away. Nathan smiled as softly moved me out the way.

"Let me handle this, I want y'all to get dressed we got somewhere to go." Before I could mention that I had no clothes again he was already out the kitchen. I walked the out the opposite end of the kitchen and back around to the room. Kimani was just waking up, she was sitting in the bed rubbing her eyes and looking around confused.

"Come her mami" I said as she reached her arms out to me. I picked her up but I realized she was just about as big as me. She put her head in the crook of my neck and it felt like she went back to sleep but she was still awake.

"Lo lo." she muttered.

"Yes babygirl?"

"I'm hungry." she said.

"Ok baby, let's get you in the bath then you can eat ok?" I felt her nod on my shoulder. When we reached the bathroom I put her down and she peed and brushed her teeth. I started the water for her and put hella bubbles in it like she likes it. I walked out to pick out her outfit, unlike her London had her overnight bag in her car so she had some outfits to wear. I came back into the bathroom and she was already getting undressed to get in the bath. Eventually the bath was filled and she was ready to get in. I started to wash her hair and twist it up into two strand twist. About 30 minutes I was done with her and she was done washing her self up. She got out and dried off. I left the bathroom to let her get her self dressed.

I came back out to the bedroom to find an outfit laid out over the bed, I remember the last time Nathan got me dressed I left the room with a hand print across my face. I tried to shove those bad memories to the back of my mind. I walked closer to the bed and picked up the clothes to see what it was. It was a tank top that was dark blue and made of velvet material, light blue washed skinny jeans, and one strap heels that was the same color of the shirt and material but had crystals on the strap. I examined the clothes some more until Kimani came out the bathroom with her white tank top and jeans on with her white sandals in her hand and her jacket on the other arm.