Who needs love?

"I'm serious Laura. I cannot believe you don't want to get married!" My mom whined. I just rolled my eyes at her as she continued. "I mean marriage is such a great thing!" It's how you meet your best friend, y-your soul mate for goodness sakes!"

I scoffed "YEA cause you and dad were definitely meant to be huh mom?" She stops what she was doing and turns to face me. Her face is red. I quickly turned away. My parents had recently gotten a divorce and I was still pretty sour about having to live with my mom.

I love her and all but she expected so much from me and wasn't as laid back as my dad was. "Besides I couldn't stand just marrying someone, having kids, paying taxes to the point where it drives me insane." I see her glaring at me.

"If you love them,"she begins "they should be enough to keep you sane." I exhale "I don't think I will ever fall in love." "Why do you say that?" I just shrug my shoulders and walk down the hall to my room."

"Where are you going?" My mom calls to me. "I'm gonna start packing!" I shout back to her.

*three months ago*

"My name's Laura I'm 21 years old ummm I suffer depression and my parents got divorced two months ago." Looking down at the ground I take a seat back down. I hear the soft voice of the counselor speak. "Ok Laura.....and can you tell me what you want to change or accomplish in this upcoming year?"

I ponder this for a moment then realise the answer is simple. "I just want to be happy." I say half smiling at the counselor. She nods and places a hand on my knee. Smiling at me she says, "You will be happy Laura. I promise." I smile and brush a strand of brown hair away from my face.