Confused

The slap stings for a bit but I'm in to much shock to notice. Charlie's glaring down at me. Slowly I come up off the bed, anger bubbling in my chest. "What the hell is wrong with you Charlie!?"

"I saw you with him!" he screams back at me. I stand frozen in place. Unsure of what I should say. I feel tears start to well up in my eyes. I place a hand on his shoulder but he pulls away. Frustrated I walk to the front door. "Where are you going?!" he yells at me. "Anywhere but here!" Tears now streaming down my face I yank open the door and rush outside. My throat is raw and my face is throbbing. I hear Charlie follow me outside. I turn around to face him. He looks like he's about to yell at me some more but instead his eyes just widen in shock. "Oh my gosh your face...." he reaches for my cheek but this time I pull away. "You know what Charlie? I've had to deal with enough crap already throughout my life and the last thing I need is someone like you screwing me up some more." I turn around and walk away. He doesn't bother to follow.

I was supposed to be enjoying my time here. Not crying over some douche. What's wrong with me?! I didn't even Love him!  My phone buzzes and I see Dan's name pop up on the screen.

Dan: hey

Me: hi

Dan: what's up?

Me: nothing. what about you?

Dan: nothing. mind if I come over

Me: actually I'm kind of a mess right now

Dan: to bad Im at your door

Me: what

Dan: yep so you gonna let me in or what haha
Great this fool is at my doorstep and I still having stopped crying yet

Dan: hellooo??

Me: I'm coming you idiot

Dan: fantastic

I run to my bathroom and put on some makeup really quick to hide my blotchy face then walk to the door and just stand there.

"I see your shadow Laura let me in!" "No I don't think I really want to." "Pleaasseeee!" "Nope." "Please!" "Nuh uh." "I brought hamburgers and chips laura c'mon." Giggling a little I slowly unlock the door. Dan's smiling from ear to ear as he walks into my flat. He holds up a bag of McDonald's. "You hungry?" "Dan when am I never hungry?" "True." he says still smiling. But his eyes narrow and I realized even though I have cover up on, my face still must be swollen and he seemed to noticed. "Um....Laura why is your face all swollen?" Shit "I........walked into a door." I say quickly. He lifts an eyebrow. "You think I'm that stupid?" he asks sounding a bit offended. I just snort and walk to my bed room to get on pajamas. He follows. "Laura I'm serious tell me what happened. If you don't want me to know then it must have been some other reason!" "Its nothing Dan just nothing important." I open one of my drawers and try to find my pair of pajamas. "Dan get out I need to change." "No I'm not gonna get out until you tell me what the hell is going on!" I didn't  realize I was crying until I saw Dan's face start to soften at the sight of seeing me so broken.

"Laura.......please."  "Fine." I whisper. I sit down on my bed and Dan sits next to me. I take a deep breath. "My ex boyfriend Charlie..and I had a fight today. He saw me with you and thought I was cheating on him with you." But wasn't I? What are we anyway? Are we a couple? We never kissed and our date wasn't technically a date cause Dan knew I had a boyfriend. We are just friends that hung out that's all. "So what happened to your cheek?" he asks concern filling his face. "He um, he slapped me." I look down then up at Dan. He looks angry. He stands up, runs a hand through his hair and sits back down. I start to cry again and he wraps his arms around me. "Laura.....I-I'm so sorry." I pull away. "Don't apologise its my fault anyway."  "No no it isn't! It's not your fault that bastard can't control his temper okay?" I just nod, not wanting to argue with him. He wipes the tears from my eyes and we sit there for a bit.

"Okay Daniel I told you my problems now get out I wanna put on my sweat pants."  he sits up and I push him out the door. I change into a baggy shirt and sweat pants and join him in the kitchen. He made himself some tea and is also eating one of the burgers he brought. "Made yourself at home I see." I say taking a burger out and eating it. "Sure did." he responds   I eat some fries or chips is what they are called here. "I had a good time at the movies" he says "Me too." I nod. He smiles and we keep eating. I yawn which makes him yawn which makes us both laugh. "Well as you can tell Dan I'm really tired but I feel bad kicking you out so early so you can just stay and watch TV until you wanna go home but I'm gonna go to bed." He frowns. "Awe but I wanted to hang out." "Pft well you can hang out with my tv and the rest of the French fries I'm going to bed." He crosses his arms and pouts, giving me puppy dog eyes. "No! Not gonna work on me. I'm tired goodnight!" I walk back to my room after brushing my teeth and climb into bed. He did stay for a bit but after about half an hour I heard him walk out the door.
Goodnight

Hey guys hope this chapter was somewhat decent I promise it will get more exciting km just trying to think of something haha anyways thanks for reading
much love
kitkat <3