ch. 5

Jordan

The day was over finally and I was making my way to the buses with Hannah by my side. I was still pissed that she tried to make me cut Billie off because she's insecure. And I knew she could tell because she hasn't said anything. I don't understand why, though. I've never cheated and don't ever plan to. Yeah, she's tried controlling my friends before but not like this.

Whatever. It just made me look forward to seeing Billie. We made it outside and she walks me to my bus. Well, I walked to my bus with her trailing behind me. I stand in front of the doors waiting for them to open when I turn to look at her. "Okay, well I'll see you later alright?" She leaned in to kiss me but I dodged it. "Yeah, I'm gonna have to cancel on you, babe, sorry." I say flatly and she furrows her eyebrows at me. Before she could ask why I answered for her, "My mom wants me home tonight, she found out I was at a party and doesn't want me leaving," I lie deftly.

She nods and hugs me goodbye then walks to her own bus before it leaves. I huff and step up into the bus and scan the seats. I smile when I see Billie near the back looking out the window. I make my way to her and slid into the seat. "Hey, B." I grinned at her and earned one in return. "Hi. Oh, here's your notebook."

I quietly thanked her before clearing my throat, "What are you doing later?" I felt anxious for a second before she laughed and settled it. "Nothing, why?" I smiled and pulled out my phone. It didn't make sense how comfortable I was. I don't even feel this shit with Hannah and I'm feeling it with someone I met seventeen hours ago. "Cool. We're hanging out. Where do you wanna go?" She blinked at me and licked her lips quickly, "I- uh- I thought you were-,"

Casually cutting her off, "I lied to Hannah, she thinks my moms grounding me." she furrowed her eyebrows then smiled slowly. "So you're a liar, huh?"

"No, but I wanted to hang out and I didn't want to deal with Hannah so here we are." She giggled and looked out onto the passing cars. "What do you want to do?" I shrugged and looked around. "Meet me at the park in two hours?" Her beanie almost fell off when she nodded quickly.

"Alright then." We got off the bus when it came to a stop and walked down the street to our houses. We spent the walk basically arguing which album was the best in existence. We stopped in front of her house. "Alright, Eilish. Two hours, park one street over. Have you ever been?" She nodded and adjusted her beanie. "See you in two hours." She held her hand out and I dapped her up before doing the messy salute thing I did when I met her. She smiled and waved before going inside. I walked the rest of the way humming lil wayne.

My phone buzzed when I got to my room, looking down I seen Billie sent me something on snapchat.

two hours. don't keep me waiting.

"Bossy," I muttered amused as I typed something back before sending it.

bossy. how about you don't keep me waiting. and bring two cups. don't ask why just bring them.

I plugged my phone in and threw it on my bed to change. My clothes weren't really comfortable anymore. After changing I grabbed my wallet and went out the door.

——————

Billie

"But where are you going?"

"With Jay, I already told you."

"But why? What are you gonna be doing?"

I huffed out my nose in annoyance, "Just how much are you being paid to be in my fucking business, Fin?" He pulled his hands up and laughed. "Jesus, what's your problem?"

"Nothing. I gotta go, I'm gonna be late. Bye." He waved and I felt bad for snapping at him. I sighed and started walking towards the park. When I was walking up I noticed the park was empty. I sat on the swing and stared down at the cups she told me to bring. The fuck did she need cups for? Is she bringing something to drink? And using what I know about Jay I know it'd likely be alcohol or something like that.

The thought made my stomach twist in nervousness. I didn't know if I was more nervous about drinking since I don't do that, or drinking and being alone with Jay. It excited me but made me anxious at the same time.

"Yo!'

Turning around I lay eyes on Jay dressed in all black walking towards me. Jesus. I think I'm gonna need a drink at this point. She stopped in front of the swings. "Good, you brought the cups." She reaches in her jacket and pulls out a wine bottle. "Where the fuck were you holding that?" I laughed and gave her outfit a once over. "Don't worry about that. Eyes up here, sweetheart." I realized I was staring at her body longer then intended. "O-Oh uh, s-sorry." I stuttered like an idiot and stared at the ground. What a fucking idiot.

She laughed and sat on the swing beside me. "Stop blushing, I was joking. Gimme a cup." I handed her a cup after she popped the cork out the neck of the bottle. She poured some in and set it down before reaching for the other one. "Wait, do you drink?"

"Not regularly."

"Have you had a drink before?" I nodded and handed her the cup. "Do you want me to? I don't wanna make you feel like you have to drink this." I waved her off before grabbing the bottle to pour it into my cup. "No, I want to." I lifted the cup and bumped hers with mine. Something like a 'cheers' gesture.

I lifted the cup to my lips and braced myself for the terrible taste. I swallowed and felt confused. It didn't taste that bad? It still tasted like alcohol but the taste was bearable. I watched Jay drink it and she didn't falter. She caught me staring and winked at me. I immediately looked at the floor in embarrassment. She seen and laughed.