ch. 8

Billie

I stared at Jay while she slept. Creepy, I know but she looked so... at peace. Like the whole world could fall apart around her and she wouldn't flinch.

She had her arms wrapped around one of her pillows. I wish that pillow was me.

My mind then crept to the person who was previously wrapped in those arms for four years. I hated her. I felt burning flames in my throat and chest at the thought of her and Jay doing anything together. They could've just been sitting reading a book together and it made me sick. I felt beyond relieved that Jay was done with her. 'Permanently', She said. But it wasn't enough. As much as I trusted Jay to stay away from Hannah, I needed to make sure Hannah stayed away from Jay. Permanently. And now I had an opportunity to.

Sure, I had multiple opportunities before. But I didn't want to get rid of her just for Jay to miss her. Now that I know she's done with her I can finally do it worry-free. I licked my lips at the thought of her begging. Pleading for me to spare her. She'll probably promise to stay away from Jay forever, but I'll make sure she does. She won't have a choice.

My eyes flickered from Jay's face to her phone. I reached over her to grab it, quickly type in her password (the date her first dog passed away), and search for Hannah's number. I smile at how Jay blocked her before copying it in my phone. I felt the urge to see what they would talk about. I already knew it would piss me off so I decided against it. I locked her phone and plugged it in before setting it back next to her. I stood up and gathered my things before lightly shaking Jay.

"Hey. Jay." She huffed and opened her eyes to look at me confused, I felt butterflies at the sight. "I'm leaving." I said slipping my shoes on.

"Why?" She yawned and stretched her body across her bed. I swallowed hard at the sight and considered staying but reminded myself of what I had to do. "Cause I want to go home."

"Do you want me to drive you home? I don't want you walking home alone."

"Jay, I live down the street, I'll be fine." I laughed. She stared at me for a couple seconds before lying back. "'Kay. Gimmie a hug before you go." I playfully roll my eyes before walking to her bed. We stared at each other before I spoke,

"Are you gonna get up or-" I was cut off by my own scream when she grabbed my hand and yanked me unto the bed. Before I could register what was happening I felt her arms wrap around my torso and her nose in my neck. My eyes almost bulged out my head before I felt her arms retreat, "Okay. You could go now." She said smuggly before I quickly scrambled off the bed and to my feet. "Was that really necessary?" I tried to act mad when I already knew my cheeks were flushed. She laughed and smiled at me, "Very. Lock my door when you leave, please."

"Sure." I said before slapping her forehead and running out her room before she had the chance to grab me.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of you when I see you, Eilish!" I heard her scream before I locked and closed her front door behind me with a smile on my lips.

I spent the walk home planning on how I would go about this. I already knew where'd I put her, but I didn't know what I'd do with her. Before I knew it I was in front of my house. I walked in and walked into Finneas' room to see him laid out on his bed. "Can I borrow your car for a little bit?" I didn't want to waste any time so I just went out with it. He looked up from his phone at me. "Hello to you, too. What do you need it for?" I rolled my eyes and leaned against his door frame. "I'm gonna go somewhere with my friends."

"Is Jay gonna be there?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Are you gonna be back by 12?"

"Yes! I'm in a rush so can I use it?" I impatiently spoke making him stare at me before nodding and tossing me his keys. I quickly thanked him while I ran out the house and got in his car. I checked the time. It was almost nine-thirty. "You can't be fucking serious," I groaned at what little time I had. I started driving to Hannah's house not trying to waste any time. I already knew where she lived since I've followed her home a few times, just for this moment.

I parked down the street with a clear view of her home and pulled my phone out. I could just break in since I knew no one but her was home but I decided against it. It would just feel rushed, I wanted to take my time with her. I typed her number in my messages and sent her a text.

Hannah.

It didn't take too long for her to respond, thankfully.

who is this ?

I looked up at her house before replying.

Jay. I wanted to talk.

My eyes kept impatiently switching to the clock to see how much time was passing by. "Respond, you fucking-" I was mid-insult when I felt my phone vibrate.

what happened to your other phone?

I broke it.

i thought you were done with me. with everything

I felt hatred in my chest bubbling back up again. Why can't she just shut the fuck up and agree to talk?

I know what I said. But I want to talk it over.

so talk

I'd rather do it in person, meet me?

My eyebrow twitched while I watched her type whatever she was going to say.

okay

I smiled and thanked whoever most people prayed to.

where

Usual spot?

I found out that her and Jay would meet in an secluded parking lot whenever they had a fight. I didn't believe it at first but it was a place they often went together. The mental picture of them together made my chest burn again. I gripped the steering wheel hard and tried to take deep breaths. I looked down at my lap when my phone vibrated against my thigh.

okay. see you in ten

I nodded and started the engine again before I got a text from someone that wasn't Hannah. I smiled at the contact name. It was Jay.

wyd b

Before I could reply I watched her step outside and walk to her car. I quickly typed something about getting in the shower and sent it back to Jay before tossing my phone in the passenger seat.

I kept our cars at least two cars apart, I didn't want her to notice she was being followed. I watched her pull into the parking and stand outside of it, looking down at her phone. I shook my head at the stupidity. Whatever. It just made what I was gonna do easier. The closer I drove towards her I noticed she had earbuds in. I parked a few spaces away from her car and climbed out. For good measure, I slammed the car door to see if she could hear me. She didn't budge.

Walking up behind her at quietly as I could, I reached in my pocket to grab my switchblade and flip it open. I heard the loud music coming from her earbuds the closer I got behind her.

I took a deep breath shook my head to rid myself of any nerves I had. I unintentionally looked in her car and felt my chest heat up again. There was a polaroid picture of her and Jay smiling together on her dashboard. They looked happy. My stomach turned in disgust and I fought the urge to just stab her in the back. I shook my head and took a deep breath. I ended up saying 'fuck it' before ripping her headphones out and grabbing her face, covering her mouth.

I yanked her towards me and pushed the switchblade against her throat.

"Listen carefully because I will not repeat myself. Try anything and I will slit your fucking neck open and leave you to die on the pavement. Put your hands up." I spoke deep and quickly, sure she heard and understood every syllable. She nodded against my hand and lifted her arms up.

"Okay. Did you tell anyone you left?" She quickly shook her head before I felt my hand getting wet. She was crying. Good. I would be too if I were in her position and knew what was coming.

"Good. Now unlock your phone and give it to me, empty your pockets, and get in the fucking car."