and nothin' has to change today

| | - / /

•|i|• Ø i+! ]

•|i|• Ø i+! ].[

hehe

Dream adjusts his hat in the mirror, pulling some hair out from under it to show. He bites his lip as he analyzes himself in the mirror, then he takes a deep breath and walks out of the dorm room.

Dream knocks on George's door quietly, then opens it once he has the permission to. George sighs and smiles softly, "Hey." Dream copies his smile, "Hey, you ready?" George looks down at his gown and nods slowly.
"Let's do this" he states, grabbing Dream's hand and walking out the door. Dream closes the door as he exits.

They drive to the building that the ceremony is taking place, never once letting go of the other's hand. They walk up the steps to the building and group up with their class of soon-to-be college graduates. They get instructed where to go, then all of them make their way to their seats. George and Dream finally separate due to having different last names.

They watch in silent, clapping every now and then as everyone walks across stage, gets their diploma, then flips their tassel. It's finally George's turn, so he steps up to the stage and takes a deep breath. He shakes hands, grabs his diploma, then faces the crowd and flips his tassel. He meets Dream's eyes and finally cracks a wide smile. Dream waves, then cheers as George rolls his eyes and walks off.

Dream's turn comes in no time. Everything feels like a rush for him. He does the same as George: shakes hands, grabs his diploma, then turns to the crowd and flips his tassel. He scans for George and can't control the shit-eating grin that makes its way onto his face. George smiles softly and waves, then cheers for Dream himself.

They're forced to stand in a certain area until everyone's done, so Dream and George don't immediately see each other. Once everyone's finished though, everything feels like it's moving 100 miles a minute.

Dream searches for George and calls his name. George whips around with a bright smile, "Dream!" Dream can feel his heart beating out of his chest. He gets an idea, so he acts on it.

He steps forward quickly, basically sprinting towards George. George laughs and holds his arms out for a hug. Dream accepts it, not forgetting his idea. George wraps his arms around Dream's waist and places his head on his chest. Dream places a hand in George's hair and squeezes his shoulders with the other one.

Dream takes a deep breath, then moves his arms to the side of George's face. He pulls away slightly and George looks up at him with furrowed brows.
"Dream?" he questions. Dream's eyes flick to George's lips and he licks his own. George's mouth falls open slightly.

Dream can't control himself anymore. He cups George's jaw and cheek, then leans down quickly. George sucks in a breath as their lips connect. Dream tilts his head gently to the side as their lips collide in a passionate, warm kiss.

George wants to scream at himself as he stands there reciprocating the kiss. He doesn't understand any of this. He's too terrified. His arms squeeze Dream's waist as Dream pulls away. Dream analyzes George's face to find some sort of emotion evident, but all he sees is George's eyes blinking slowly and his lips pressed into a thin line.

They sit in silence for a minute, and Dream hates the feeling of being watched by everyone around them. He just knows they're staring. George glances back up at Dream, the blank look pasted onto his face.

"We graduated" George whispers likes he's shocked and mesmerized. Dream's eyebrows furrow as he frowns, but he nods.
"We did it" Dream replies.

"George!" a feminine voice calls. Both Dream and George turn to the direction of the voice. George smiles softly as he sees his family, and without speaking to Dream, George turns to walk away towards them.

Written: 3/28/21 Words: 666
oh shit oh fuck that number

-moon