↳𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

gold scares me now

───── ❝ FIRST POINT OF VIEW❞ ─────

"ARE YOU SURE I'm allowed to be here, Adrien?" I asked, entering the dressing room. "Of course. Natalie said it was okay." I smiled. "I'm happy that I'm always allowed to hang out with you, Adrien." Adrien smiled. "Me too. It's a blessing that my father enjoys your company." I rubbed the back of my head, out of nervousness. "Meeting him was a wild adventure."

───── ❝ THIRD POINT OF VIEW❞ ─────

"Father." Adrien called out as his father appeared out of his room. "Adrien? Who is this?" His cold tone caused the girl to smile nervously. "My name is [Name] [Last Name], sir." Gabriel looked unimpressed and turned his glance towards Nathalie. "Nathalie?" Nathalie cleared her throat. "Sir, [Name] is a classmate of Adrien." Gabriel turned to the girl. "What do you want with my son?" The girl's eyes widened and she raised her hands in defense."Nothing, sir! I just want to be his friend!"

Gabriel raised an eyebrow. "Friend?" He looked at the girl's outfit, which wasn't horrendous according to him. Adrien stepped forward. "Father, [Name] is a very talented girl. I wanted her to meet you. She's a very good pianist and she's a very good artist as well!" Gabriel glared at the girl. "Pianist, you say?" She gulped before then nodding her head. "Yes, sir! I've been learning piano since I was 6. My father taught me. I even went into competitions."

Nathalie pulled up her tablet and showed Gabriel, [Name]'s records. "She's not wrong, sir. She's won many competitions around the USA. Her last stop was London before then moving here to Paris." [Name] glanced over at Adrien, who glanced back at her. Awkward alert. As Natalie continued to explain everything about [Last Name] background, Gabriel raised his hand, stopping Natalie from speaking.

"I've heard enough." He looked back at [Name]. "Can you play me something, [Name]?" Her eyes widened before then nodding her head. "Of c-course." Adrien smiled at her, reassuring her that everything will be okay. She took a deep breath before following Gabriel to a new room. Adrien's room to be specific, but [Name] didn't know that. Gabriel stood next to the piano, which caused [Name] to get excited by the grand piano. She then remembered that she had to play for Gabriel.

"I hope this suits you well." She just nodded her head. Adrien and Gabriel sat on the couch as [Name] sat on the bench. Nathalie stood next to the two Agreste, and there was silence. She took a deep breath, thinking of a song.

"This is Etude Op. 25 No.11. Winter Wind by Chopin."

She stated as the others were surprised by her song of choice, considering that Winter Wind is one of the hardest pieces in Chopin's etude. Truth be told, Winter Wind took her almost an entire year to learn. But with her father's encouragement, she managed to play perfectly, which won her first competition.

Her posture was straight, arms relaxed. She took one last deep breath, before gently moving her fingers across the cold piano tiles. The soft tune of the piano entered the room, and it was calming. 20 seconds passed, and the fun began. She slouched her figure and smiled. Her eyes lit in excitement as her fingers rapidly moved across the piano. Adrien's eyes widened and he smiled. 'She really can do anything.' He thought as he looked at his father.

Gabriel was impressed. Such a talented young lady, he thought as she swayed along to the tune. There was fire in her eyes, Gabriel could tell. Emilie would have liked her.