↳𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

CHAPTER TWELVE

❝beware the hungry gremlin children❞

───── ❝FIRST POINT OF VIEW❞ ─────

AS I WATCHED FROM THE COUCH, I giggled as I watched Alya chase her twin sisters around the living room while Marinette was on the phone with Alya's mom. "Yes, Mrs. Césaire. The girls are ready for bed. Uh...technically speaking..." Marinette looked to the side as I gave her a thumbs up. She chuckled as I stared back to look at my phone. Kim was texting me, asking if I wanted to go swimming with him. I smiled before then responding with yes. I turned off my phone. 'Do I even like Kim? I don't want to just play with his feelings...' I fiddled with my thumbs as I heard Alya's voice. "Come on, bedtime, you little monsters! That's enough mischief for one day!" I looked to see Alya, picking up her sisters, and carrying them into their rooms. "It's not us! It's the Sapotis!" Ella and Etta replied before then laughing.

I stood up before then looking back at my phone. I shook my head. 'No [Name]! No boys! Just have some girl time with your two best friends!' I walked over to where Marinette was standing, which was the doorway to the girls' room. "...what kind of zombies will you be at the amusement park tomorrow if you go to bed late? Show 'em, Marinette, [Name]." The two of us looked at each other before then faking yawning and rubbing our eyes. Wait, now I'm actually getting tired. "So what's it gonna be? Boring sit-down pajama party with the big kids, or...the super-fun cool amusement park tomorrow?" I stopped with the act as the girls smiled and raised their arms. "The amusement park!" Then the two settled down to sleep. I smiled before then turning towards the kitchen.

I took out the juice and food as Alya and Marinette closed their door and helped me out. Alya grabs the tray, I leave it out on the table and sets down the tray with a pitcher of orange juice and two glasses on the coffee table, and transfers the tray's contents to the table. As Marinette was getting out three plates and three spoons, she started speaking. "You seriously have a technique down with your little sisters." I smiled and laughed. "Yeah, sometimes I wish I had a little sibling, but ever since my dad disappeared, my mom hasn't found anyone else. So it's been hard sometimes." Alya and Marinette looked at me, apologetically and I then realized what I said. I looked down. "Sorry guys..." Marinette put a hand on my shoulder. "It's alright, [Name]. But Alya...uh, who are the Sapa... Sapo...?" "The Sapotis? They're little monsters from a créole fable... who are always pulling pranks and making all sorts of mischief." I leaned my arm on my chin. "That sounds somewhat destructive." "Now that we're all alone..."

Alya looks at me. "[Name], what's with you and Kim?" My eyes widened and I looked to the side. "W-what do you mean?" She laughed. "Oh, come on! The other day, we all saw Kim holding your hand as you guys left the school. You wanna explain?" I looked down. "Oh, he...he told me he had feelings for me..." Alya and Marinette shrieked in excitement. "So you guys are dating?!" Alya asked with wide eyes. I shook my head. "We've only been on one date. I-I just couldn't turn him down." 'Liar. You're treating him as a rebound for Chat." My eyes widened as Marinette tapped my arm. "You okay?" I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm alright." "[Name], you're too kind for your own good." I giggled. "I'm sorry, I'm such an angel." "We all know that's not true. We've seen your evil side." The three of us laugh.

"Well anyways," Alya pulls out her phone. "I can finally tell you guys what I've been researching." She shows us her phone screen. "Apparently Ladybug has been around at least since the pharaohs. But no way can the Ladybug we know can be five thousand years old!" Alya pushes her glasses back up. "So, I downloaded a great app that analyzed some recordings I had of her talking. Based on the frequencies of her voice, it turns out she's a girl our age!" My eyes widened and I laughed nervously. I then look behind Alya to see her sisters come in and drink the orange juice. "Euhhh..." Marinette and I pointed to the orange juice. "Alya..." "Your sisters..." We hear the two girls laughing as Alya looks over the couch to see that the pitcher of orange juice has been completely emptied. Alya groans before then going to their room.