Chapter 21: The Day Before The Wedding

Leon's (POV)
Exactly 20 hours until I get to marry my one and only. Violetta and I decided that us guys will be staying here at our house and that the girls will go somewhere else. She had a tremendously heavy suitcase packed with everything she needed for the wedding. I carried it downstairs for her to put in the car so that she doesn't have to put it in when she leaves later tonight.

Leon: Is that everything you need?

Violetta: No, there's still another three suitcases upstairs that you're going to bring down now.

Leon: What!? You do know that you're only leaving for one night and then you're coming back, right?

Violetta: I'm kidding, there's only one more suitcase left, but that's for all my makeup, hair products and equipment.

Leon: You don't need any makeup, you're gorgeous to me.

Violetta: Thank you, but what you're trying to do isn't going to work.

Leon: I'm not doing anything. What do you think I'm doing?

Violetta: You're trying to flirt with me by saying I'm beautiful without makeup because you don't want to carry another heavy suitcase down the stairs, am I right?

Leon: No, I was just complimenting my wonderful wife-to-be.

Violetta: Charming. Well don't worry, you can stop your flirting. I'll be all yours forever by tomorrow.

I picked her up and put her on the kitchen counter. I kept my arms around her waist whilst her arms were on my shoulders.

Leon: Yeah, you will be mine and I'll be yours forever tomorrow, but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to stop flirting with you. Whether you're my girlfriend, fiancée or wife, I'll still treat you exactly like the first time I told you that I'm utterly in love with you. Do you remember what I said that day?

Violetta: I remember you arrived 5 minutes late to our dinner date and you kept apologising through half of the date.

Leon: I felt bad, and the reason I was late was because I was rehearsing outside for 20 minutes as I was nervous. I remember saying something along the lines of, "you came and saved me. If a heart can have a hero..."

Violetta: "It's what you are for me."

I smiled as she finished my sentence.

Leon: You did save me, and I've never been happier. When we fought it made me sick because I didn't want to be with anyone else, but you. Wait... I have an idea for a new song for the band!

Violetta: Okay, well you can tell them your ideas when they come and when I'm gone because I want to spend the last hour I have with you, until I see you at the altar.

Leon: I can do that, so what do you want to do?

Violetta: You need to get that last suitcase and take it to the car, then I'll figure out what we can do for the rest of the time.

I chuckled and went back upstairs to get the suitcase and I took it to the car. For the rest of the time, we talked about our future and how far we've come since we met. When the gang came, we spoke for a bit about where the girls were going.

Naty: Why don't we want the boys to know where we're going?

Ludmila: Violetta doesn't want Leon to know where we're going because she's superstitious.

Bridgit: Oh, because it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride on their wedding day, that makes sense.

Violetta: I'm not usually superstitious, but things haven't been easy. Now that 'M.G' is resurfacing, I don't want anything to go wrong, so yes, it is a secret.