Chapter 37: Karaoke Night

Violetta's (POV)
It's been over a month since I gave birth to Lia and Liam. I've been taking care of them when Leon is busy with the band and he takes care of them when I'm tired. We had to hire a nanny to help us around the house and with the babies. Olga recommended someone named Emma Toledo. She lives at our house permanently now. I needed Emma to watch the twins because Francesca and Diego are getting married tomorrow. I told Francesca that I will only be there in the morning to get dressed and get ready because of the kids. I was busy giving the twins a bath when Leon arrived from work.

Leon: Hey my love, I'm home. How was your day?

He gave me a kiss and helped me take the kids out the bath and put their clothes on.

Violetta: Oh hey, my day was good and yours? Look, Lia and Liam, daddy's back home from work.

Leon: Did you enjoy your bath mommy gave you? It was good, wasn't it. My day was good, love. We're currently writing our third new song.

Violetta: That's great! I'd like to hear it. Oh, that reminds me, I completed the song that Cami and I wrote for the wedding. It really symbolises love and how we know they feel about each other. It's called 'Your Voice And My Voice'.

Leon: It sounds perfect, I can't wait to hear it tomorrow.

Violetta: You're going to love it!

Leon: Let's go put these two to bed, so then we can go to bed ourselves. I really need to spend some quality time with my wife.

Violetta: We would've had all the time in the world if you weren't an idiot. As much as these children are my everything and I'm glad I have them, I wanted to spend more time with my husband, alone.

Leon: Fine, keep blaming me, but you know it's also your fault this happened right?

Violetta: How is getting pregnant my fault?

Leon: You were asking for it, wearing that lace outfit. When you loosened your hair, that's when I knew.

Violetta: Is that seriously your reason?

Leon: Yes, why, what's wrong with it?

Violetta: Okay, first of all, I always wear lace clothing, and secondly, I was loosening my hair because I can't sleep with a hair tie on. I sleep uncomfortably when I have it on.

Leon: No, you were enticing me to make love to you, so I grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

Violetta: Yeah, and each hand got a child, well done!

Leon: It takes two to tango, babe. Just remember that. Anyways, you can put the kids to sleep and I'll just get changed and see you in bed.

He walked to the bathroom and got changed. I put the twins to sleep in their room and then came to our room and saw him resting in bed with his headphones on and watching something on his laptop.

Violetta: What are you watching?

Leon: The fun times we had at that karaoke bar. They all went there tonight for Diego and Fran's small bachelor and bachelorette party.

Violetta: I loved karaoke night, those were the best nights.

He put the laptop on the nightstand and picked up his phone.

Leon: Go get changed, we're going to join them.

Violetta: Have you forgotten that we have two babies in the next room, we can't leave them here.

Leon: Emma is downstairs, we can ask her to watch them for the night until we get back.

Violetta: I don't know, I don't think we should leave them just like that. What if something happens to them while we're gone?