Episode 1 - New World Order

WELCOME TO THE FIRST EASTER EGG HUNT CHAPTER OF
THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER!!!

SPOILER WARNING!!! Anything that will be discussed in this chapter will contain Easter eggs that exist in Episode 1 of TFATWS. The material in this chapter could include details that result in accurate predictions for the rest of the series. As always, I ask that you make your comments purely about Episode 1 of TFATWS. Comments about future episodes should be posted on each episode's chapter. This is to help people who haven't seen the most current episode we discuss at the time.

I am including specific theories that reference possible character and storyline spoilers, but I will do my best to note these.

THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this episode! It was awesome and I appreciate all your hard work! Your submissions are peppered throughout with tags. If you didn't get a chance to submit or have any other ideas, please comment!!!

You have been warned! Let the hunt commence!

Sam and the Shield: We open on Sam ironing his shirt. While this may seem to be an ordinary task, it also could subtly reference a habit picked up from his US military days.

The pennant on the wall says Louisiana St University. It is unclear whether he attended this school or simply supports them. This is part of the retconning of this character for TFATWS that I will go into more later in this chapter.

The shield we see that Sam has is whole and unmarked. This means it is the shield that Old Steve brought him at the end of Endgame, rather than the one that was mostly destroyed by Thanos' weapon during the final battle. This is further confirmed when Sam zips it into the leather case that piccolalindis recognized as the one Old Steve had it in at the bench scene.

 piccolalindis points out that while zipping it into the case, we hear the exchange from that same scene: Old Steve: "How does it feel?" Sam: "Like it's someone else's." Old Steve: "It isn't." This is going to be a theme for Sam throughout the episode, and likely the series.

Another thing about the shield- I went back and looked at the various movies with Cap's shield and as far as I can tell the shield that Sam actually has on his bed is the one from Endgame, before Thanos destroys it. The reason is the indents on the silver star and in the silver stripe. These were not added until later versions of the Cap shield. So, unless Steve asked Howard Stark to add them when he went back in time, this is an Endgame shield, pre-final battle... further meaning that Steve would have gone back to before the last battle to get the most recent incarnation of the shield (perfected by Tony Stark) before going all the way in time. However, zqtrlnd-27 said that the shield looks different all together and that since the Russo's have said that Cap went back and created an alternate timeline with Old Steve, that could be the reason for it looking different. What do you all think?

Sam's Secret Operation: When Sam is reviewing the mission on the plane with the US military personnel, the specs on the computer say that LAF have para-specialists using wingsuit/advanced tech. Additionally, it warns of Libyan airspace. Everything that will take place in the action sequence is essentially already on that spec.

Sam mentions "no treaties violated." This is an interesting phrase given Sam didn't sign the Sokovian Accords (though it is unclear whether these are still in effect following the Blip). Additionally, we know that the world has been turned upside down in terms of many things, including alliances, so the treaties referred to could be totally new ones or even assumed.